27 - Far Away Mission

A huge frozen lake. Cold and snow as far as the eyes could see.

The young Hyoga was alone in this desolate environment with his icy cosmos outlining his body. He punched the ice on the ground in front of him, obliterating the layer and opening a crater, revealing the frigid water beneath the ice crust.

He jumped out and dove into the freezing water of the Siberian river.

Hyoga swam to the depth, where an icebreaker was wrecked near a pit. The boy swam purposefully, entered the main deck, crossed a few corridors, and finally arrived at his destination: a cabin with the only crew member still on board.

"Mama"

A woman lying down, her face at peace and her beauty fully preserved by the very low temperature of those waters.

Hyoga takes her hand and the flower, which he brought in his mouth, is placed carefully behind her ear. He straightened her hair that insisted on getting up and finally said goodbye.

Resurfaced panting and gasping for air. Someone handed him a huge towel.

"Lady Crystal."
"Hyoga, your Master will not like this at all." she said.
"It was my farewell." justified Hyoga. "What is this?"
"A letter for you." she began. "From the Sanctuary."

"Dear Hyoga,

"Dear Hyoga,

Times are turbulent in Greece. There is an ongoing mission. One you will need to fulfill.

Rebels have broken the Oath of the Saints and has put the Sanctuary's secret at risk. They need to be punished and discharged.

When you complete your mission, come to the Sanctuary.

Remember, Hyoga, you are an Athena Saint.

Sincerely,

Your Master Camus"

Hyoga folded the letter and put it in his pants pocket. He had read those lines dozens of times during his journey and brief stay in that great city. He read it again as he sat in the audience for the big battle of the night announced on the huge screen: UNICORN X WOLF.

As soon as the lights dimmed and Saori Kido's huge hologram appeared, Hyoga got up from his place, crossed his row and went to the inner part of the Coliseum. He descended flights of stairs and passed to the lower levels where, technically, he had no access. His ice circle confused some security guards and he finally found himself on the lowest floor, right where he wanted to be.

The fight had started at the Arena and it caught his attention; through an opening in the wall, he saw how the Unicorn Saint and the Wolf Saint faced each other, to the delight of the audience. The stadium was full and his eyes darted around the three floors full of fans, but then he remembered why he was there and decided to move on; he stumbled lightly over the legs of a girl who was sitting on the floor with a sad face. Both he and she seemed not to be where they should be.