75 - Call of Duty

In the Temple of Athena, moods were not the best in the days leading up to the Galleon's departure.

From the day it was decided that the only alternative was to go around the world on Athena's Galleon until the day of its departure, Saori had the most diverse encounters: from a meeting with all the remaining Gold Saints to videoconferences with the highest Graad Foundation directors. What the two meetings had in common was the guests' displeasure.

Her departure from the Foundation had caused significant losses in revenue, and her resurgence asking for help from the maritime sector was also met with some reluctance, although Tatsumi guaranteed full support for whatever was needed. With the Gold Saints, however, the conversation went a little deeper.

The first meeting took place at the House of Aries, where everyone sat at a wonderful round table prepared by Mu. Nicol thought it was imprudent for the Goddess Athena to descend the Twelve Temples, as she did not fulfill the rite of encounters between mortals and the divine, but he did not voice his concern to his friend Mayura, much less to Athena, since, from the total absence of before, at least she was participating in the meetings in that moment of crisis.

Now that she had abandoned the hut in Rodorio for good, Athena had moved into her Temple, but she thought it was important not to be totally isolated, when she knew from Shaina that even some Gold Saints were not satisfied with the choice of such inexperienced young kids to such an important mission.

"The Holy War against Hades is still our biggest concern. We cannot leave the Sanctuary of Athena without its main defenders." said Master Mayura to pacify the discontents.

Both she and Saori understood that the Gold Saints weren't offended by being left aside, but actually worried a lot about the young ones who had to put their lives on the line, especially Seiya, who had already fought so hard. The truth is that, within each of them, they still felt indebted.

"I cannot understand such an important mission without the presence of a Gold Saint." said Aioria, worried.

"Poseidon's Crisis is unexpected." Mayura said. "We know that Hades historically invades the Sanctuary of Athena, so it's imperative that the Gold Saints be here."

What no one dared to say aloud was the accounts of the Gold Saints who had lost their lives in the battle of the previous months, still very painful but strategically terrible as the Sanctuary forces were gravely unattended.

"Aioria, will you be responsible for Dragon training?" Shaina asked, slightly deflecting the subject.

"Yes. With the Old Master of the Five Peaks' blessing, we believe she is ready."

"Great." said Shaina. "We also have two new Bronze Cloths arriving from abroad. Tomorrow we will have an ascension ceremony and I hope to count on your presence." she said, looking at Saori directly.

She agreed.

The meeting was interrupted by a sharp knock on the Council's door, to which Mayura replied asking him to enter: it was Nicol, who came with a huge man at his side and Geist. It was that captain. Together with Nicol and Geist, it was decided, after all, what route they would take around the Seven Seas and so the plan was presented to everyone. And at the end of the route presented, Master Mayura alerted them to something that worried her.

"Asgard." she just said.

"I agree, Master Mayura." Nicol went on. "The Kingdom of The North has been specifically singled out by the Gemini Saint as a potential enemy, and according to the Excellency's nautical chart, Asgard will be the last port they dock."

"We must send someone to Asgard overland as soon as possible." added Shaina.

"We don't know if that's possible." Nicol argued.