54 - The Eyes of Shaka

The House of Virgo is silent and under Shaka's feet are the four Bronze Saints erased from their consciousness. The destruction caused by her huge golden cosmos had been far more than those Saints could bear.

"Phoenix must have fallen to Hell or the Realm of Asura. It's all over."

It wasn't, as Ikki took advantage of the fact that Shaka was too close to her body and suddenly stood up with her Cosmo lit to hit Shaka's brain with her Phantom Blow. At point-blank range, the Gold Saint could not dodge, terribly surprised; the Phoenix technique pierced her brain and ripped the helmet from the Virgo's Cloth.

She shivered for a few seconds without her helmet and her voice sounded surprised.

"I can't believe you're still alive even after being hit by the Six Realms." said Shaka. "Is it possible that you are immortal like Phoenix?"

"Neither Hell, much less the Realm of Asuras could stand me, so they sent me back." said Ikki mockingly. "And now it's your turn to visit Hell. Tell me Shaka, which of the Six Realms do you prefer?"

But Shaka started to laugh at her.

"Unfortunately, the Six Realms are only for fools. I am Virgo Shaka, the Saint closest to the Gods and my path is different." her laughter continued. "That mental technique of yours is really ridiculous, Phoenix. It depends on something that is very far from my heart. Things like fear, doubt, hesitation or worry are things that are healed in my chest."

The mind without a mind. The void of the mind.

"You can't do anything to stop me." said Shaka, finally.

Ikki turned to face Shaka, who had her back to her, when she heard Shun moan again, now more next to her. She saw that he gradually regained some consciousness.

"Shun!" she yelled, running to her brother who was beside Seiya and Shiryu, still unconscious.

"Ikki, is it really you?" he was moved, opening his eyes with great difficulty. "Have you really come to help us?"

"Yes, Shun. I'm here now. Hey Shun, stay with me, be strong." she said, because Shun seemed to waver in his consciousness. "I could feel your cosmos glow as I rested in the mouth of the volcano. Your cosmos is brilliant as you can't imagine, Shun."

The Andromeda Saint opened his eyes again even a little and saw that Ikki was smiling briefly at him.

"Rest now, Shun." asked Ikki.

"We can't." Shun spoke in a choked voice. "Saori. She is... she's injured in the House of Aries, we need to get to the Camerlengo, Ikki. Only he can take the arrow from Athena's chest."

"An arrow to the chest?"

She then looked at Shaka's back, who was still standing like a statue, when she could have killed them all there. It was disconcerting her posture, but Ikki noticed that Shun slowly seemed to fade away again, as much as she tried to keep him awake, his strength seemed to have been sucked into him. Shun was able to say one last thing to Ikki before passing out. A warning.

"Don't let Shaka open her eyes."

Shaka's eyes.

Ikki felt her chest heavy, but she got up to fight the Virgo Saint, now knowing what was at stake. She walked closer to the imposing figure of Shaka.

"Tell me, Shaka, if you are as enlightened as you say, how can you oppose all this? Why don't you want to help Athena?" she asked.

"Athena is at the Camerlengo's side." she said, stoic again.