89 - Shades of Mysteries

The dark and cold dawn of the Sanctuary kept a very starry sky and a peaceful silence for all the Twelve Temples of the Zodiac. The days had been long and calm, while the inhabitants of Rodório waited anxiously for the return of the Athena's Galleon, whose stories were already invented on bars and squares, but whose deeds were also spread, as everyone knew that at least five Relics of the Seas had already been sealed.

Those were peaceful times, indeed, but everything would change in that terrible dawn.

In the absence of Aries Mu, who had returned to Jamir with a mission to find and bring back the records of his master, the former Pontiff Sion, Taurus Aldebaran was in charge of the Sanctuary of Athena. A mission he carried out to the letter, so it had been at least a week since he'd switched from day to night, and rested "when he slept "only a few hours a day when he was sure Shaina was at her post at the foot of the mountain.

That dawn, he was exhausted, for even though he was the most portentous Gold Saint, he was still a man under the Cloth. Exhausted, but no less attentive. The cold of that night didn't bother him, as he insisted on staying at the entrance of his Temple looking at the horizon. And even at that height where the House of Taurus was risen, an icy breeze at dawn blew from time to time.

An icy breath, however, made Aldebaran uncross his arms, for it was infinitely different from the night breeze; indeed, it was a terribly icy wind followed by a menacing cosmo-energy that swept over the entrance to the House of Taurus and immediately froze it. Aldebaran looked at his back and saw in the corner of his eye a figure that attacked him at the Speed of Light and hit the huge Bull with very sharp claws, like a huge feline of the dawn.

Aldebaran was thrown back to the entrance of his House of Taurus, where he rose to battle his opponent, whom he could see only in silhouette; once more he was struck terribly and almost mortally by that attacker's fist, who surprised the gentle giant and drove him to the ground with his golden helmet split in half.

The Taurus Saint was down.

Tortuga still looked like a powder keg of so many people that converged on that ancient and legendary port

Tortuga still looked like a powder keg of so many people that converged on that ancient and legendary port. After sealing the Relic of the Sea, Geist was escorted by Blackbeard and Capellirossi to her shuttle boat, where she would return to the Athena's Galleon.

"You got lucky this time, Skull."

"Argo." she corrected. "Argo Geist."

"You look so different without the mask." commented Capellirossi.

"It's easier to breathe." she replied simply.

"Will we see you again?" the woman asked.

"Yea."

"Damn it." complained Blackbeard.

She looked at those two very seriously.

"I know you can feel the salt in the north wind."