99 - The Thunder Claws

Captain Geist appeared at the ruins in her overcoat and half of the Silver Ophiuchus Cloth, borrowed from her companion Shaina. She climbed down from the fallen column and took Shun's body in her arms, noting the cuts he had on his neck, face and legs. His eyes were still raw with pain, as the music that had taken his senses ended, the boy's injuries brought him great distress. Geist looked from the boy to the ground and noticed the intact parts of the Andromeda Cloth strewn across the floor in a curious way.

"Andromeda." called Geist for the boy.

"Geist?" he was surprised, opening his eyes. "Why are you here? What happened to Seiya? And June?"

"They're all fine, Andromeda." she replied seriously. "Why did you let yourself be hurt so bad, Shun?"

He did not answer.

"Did you take off your own Cloth? What were you doing?"

"My Chains are useless against this God Warrior. They do not detect any threat coming from him and stay still. They won't attack him."

Geist pondered that information and then took a long look at the violinist who, calm and serene, waited for the rescue to be completed.

"That doesn't explain why you also let it go of your Rolling Defense, Andromeda." she said again to the boy.

"I don't think this God Warrior really wants to kill me." Geist looked again at Míme's serene face.

"Your condition seems to suggest otherwise, Andromeda. Come on, sit here and rest."

She left Shun's body leaning against a destroyed wall and only then did she turn to face that God Warrior who had been patiently waiting until then. Upon her banishment from the Sanctuary, Geist devoted herself to a custom she had acquired when she was very young: the books. Then she realized that the figure before her brought her back to some famous stories from the North. Not only that, she made a point of glancing every inch of that serene figure before her.

"I need your Odin Sapphire." said Geist only.

"That's the same speech as Andromeda. Get away from here, take him with you or you will meet the same fate as him."

Míme threw a threat into the air and Geist seemed to absorb his words, though she kept her dark eyes hard on the God Warrior. She then slowly raised her guard and without another word being exchanged, Míme realized that another fight would start again.

The God Warrior closed his eyes and brought his violin bow to the strings, again playing his wonderful requiem that filled Geist's chest with a deep sadness and wonder. The wonderful and soulful piece played in the waltz movement in a minor key was of a very rare sensibility, to the point that Geist considered it a terrible waste that such a talented violinist should let himself be reduced to acting like a warrior, not realizing that she was herself of a similar class.

But if her ears were delighted with the music, Geist clearly noted how images of Míme playing in the most diverse distances and poses spread through the ruins, all the duplicates playing that beautiful violin to his ears.

"Don't listen to the music!" Shun warned, behind her.

That was a meaningless appeal, for Geist wanted to hear the music; the beauty of the melody that invaded her ears was such that she had never heard it and, therefore, it did not cross her mind to try to silence it. One by one, however, the duplicates of Míme disappeared and Andromeda despaired on Geist's back, but she really only had ears for that song.

And when Míme finally reduced himself to his only figure on Geist's back, Shun's calls were useless and he manifested his slashing beams that had done so much harm to the boy; only this time they didn't slice or hit anything at all, for Geist's backside also looked like a picture painted in the air.