90 - The Eternal Hunger

As he sailed through the dark waters towards that crimson night, Seiya noticed that the stars in the sky faded as if blown by the night wind. The clatter of woodwork he was so used to fell silent in the darkness and he could now only see the outline of his hands, as well as a few others ahead.

"What is happening?" he asked, his voice echoing as if he were inside a marble chamber.

"It feels like we're being swallowed." June commented.

"We're not at the Galleon anymore." said Geist.

"What?" Seiya tried to look around, but it was too dark to see where he was.

But there was a curious sensation in his body that was as if he continued to respond to the waves of a sea, without being sailing. On dry land, it was as if his body was still waiting for the ocean's sway and tricking his labyrinth.

"I can't listen to anyone." said Seiya. "Lunara? Lunara!?"

Nobody answered.

"Where is everyone?"

"We are alone." said Geist at last.

"Is it an illusion?"

"No." replied Geist immediately. "We are not in an illusion. We are not at the Galleon, but we are still there. We are in both places at the same time."

Everything seemed impossible and there was an ethereal feeling to that night.

"And where is the rest of the crew?" June asked herself worriedly.

"They're still on the ship." said Geist.

"But if we're still on the ship..." Seiya commented, very confused.

"It's the Cosmo." guessed Geist. "There's something at work in our Cosmos."

Their voices echoed in that chamber, when they heard the sound of birds singing merrily; Seiya looked up into the air, where he would have expected birds to fly as they sang, and saw that on the horizon a dark cloud seemed to move across the sky to take the form of a torso supporting a head lit by purple and amber hues, in a kind of volatile energy that moved throughout that colossal figure in the sky.

A deep snore might have shaken the ground they were standing on, but it was barely heard.

"Who dares to bother me?" the voice was as if heaven were speaking to them. "You again, Yemeth?"

Seiya, June and Geist shrank and took a few steps back, joining in the center, as each believed have heard that deep voice from a different point in the sky than the other. That colossal shape in the sky seemed to react to them simply by the way the lights that illuminated its silhouette grew softer.

"Oh, children." he seemed to guess, with satisfaction, the deep voice in the darkness. "You are most welcome, my children. Your place awaits you."

Seiya, June and Geist were still tense and confused. For it was left to their Captain to finally dialogue with that strange and calm man.

"I am Argo Geist, Captain of the Athena's Galleon. Who or what are you?"

The purple lights that illuminated that silhouette grew slower, as if very suspicious.

"Together we will remember." replied the voice on the horizon. "We will drink together and there will be the sound of the fifes. Your long wait will come to an end."

But Geist was not satisfied.

"Yemeth you said. We are not Yemeth." she said bravely.

"You are not." agreed the voice.