57 - Surrender or Death

While the flame of the House of Scorpio was slowly dying in the Fire Clock, Hyoga opened his eyes and wiped the tears that were running down his face. And then realized that he wasn't crying. It was his entire body that was wet while he was sitting in the sunlight, his hair plastered to his face and a puddle of water around him. Beside him was Shun's unconscious body.

His memory then reminded him of the reasons why his chest was so heavy with grief, for he had been locked in an eternal ice coffin by his own beloved Master. He did not understand what Shun was doing at his side, unconscious, but when he put his hand on his friend so that he could better see his face, he felt a crackle inside of him that brought a strong memory.

Shun's tender embrace. Andromeda's hot cosmos.

"Hyoga, are you okay?" Shun asked, opening his eyes with difficulty.

"What happened, Shun?"

"We managed to get you out of the ice coffin, but your body was almost frozen."

"What did you do? Don't tell me you sacrificed your Cosmo for me?"

"I would do the same for all my friends."

"Oh, Shun..."

Hyoga lifted his friend and hugged him while tears finally came down from his eyes.

"I couldn't be strong to face my Master and my feelings, I slowed you down at that House of Libra and put Athena's life at risk. Not to mention that I couldn't get out of that prison by myself, I needed you glowing Cosmo so I could get a second chance."

But Shun was again passed out and Hyoga realized that the tears in his eyes were exactly the reason why he was out of combat. He got up and wiped them angrily; he could stand there mourning, but he realized that the best way to go on was to march up the steps to the next temple and redeem himself with his friends. He took Shun's body in his arms and followed.

Throughout the climb, Hyoga felt weak, but with each step he decided that he would be stronger

Throughout the climb, Hyoga felt weak, but with each step he decided that he would be stronger. For Shun in his arms and for his friends who were already fighting in the House of Scorpio, he was sure, for it was clear that with every step he took, a terrible battle was being fought in the temple ahead.

As soon as he arrived, he soon felt Seiya's and Shiryu's Cosmos suffer a drastic interruption in their universes, as if terribly hit. He wasted no more time and entered the temple at once to see a figure in Gold Cloth about to deliver what appeared to be the final blow to the bodies of his friends, who were conscious but at the mercy of their opponent.

Both Seiya and Shiryu saw, as they were so close to the Gold Saint, that he hesitated to end their lives and turned his attention to the entrance to the temple. The two looked over their shoulders and watched as Cygnus Hyoga walked into the temple with his icy Cosmo burning. Shun's body in his lap.

The boy's face was resolute, no one would ever imagine the sadness burning in his chest and the tears that welled up in his eyes a few steps below.