59 - The Roar of the Lion

The Virgo Saint, Shaka, the one closest to the gods, has before her the enormous Taurus Saint, Aldebaran, and also the magnificent Gold Saint Scorpio Miro, who had come down from his temple to prevent her and Aioria from killing each other. Faced with a terrible impasse, Shaka realized that she could not prevent Aioria from following his betrayal further and saw how the Leo Saint left her temple.

"Three Gold Saints have come together to let a traitor went by, do you not understand the sin you have just committed?" she asked.

"Virgo Shaka, you need to understand that too much blood has already been shed in this Sanctuary."

The fight was finally over, as neither Aldebaran nor Miro wanted to cross the House of Virgo, they were just there to keep Shaka occupied.

"The girl in the House of Aries is fighting and she has Victory Niké by her side." spoke the deep voice of Aldebaran.

"The same girl I saw fighting Discord, sealing its power and saving the hostesses from their misfortune." said Miro to her.

"For fifteen years my mountain brothers have been accused of a betrayal that never happened." said Aldebaran.

"You're delusional." mocked Shaka.

"Why do you have such a hard time admitting this possibility, Shaka? Is it so impossible that you're wrong? Do you consider yourself so much better than all of us?"

"Athena is by the side of the Camerlengo Master Arles." she replied.

"The one who sits on the Camerlengo's throne is not Arles!" roared Aldebaran.

"How dare you?" tried Shaka, looking at the huge Taurus.

"The voices from the mountains have told us for too many years of strange affairs around the Sanctuary. People mysteriously disappearing. If Aioros really saved Athena from the hands of an assassin, that assassin could be none other than the Camerlengo himself."

"This is blasphemy!" said Shaka.

"And yet Athena now suffers in the House of Aries." said Aldebaran. "Then who could it be that woman marching alongside the Camerlengo? If not Athena, then certainly someone portraying as Her. That's the real blasphemy! Do you really think the Camerlengo wouldn't notice? Think, Shaka!"

"It wouldn't notice if the farce were one of his own." added Miro.

"This is madness!"

"But is it really, Shaka?"

"I can feel your heart full of doubts, Scorpio Miro."

"Maybe for the first time you're right, Shaka, because my chest really has many doubts. And doubt is all I need right now. Because if you don't have any doubts within you, then you can be the only one that's wrong. Look around you!"

Between them, Ikki's dying body dragged on the ground trying to go after Aioria, who had already left.

"No matter what we do against these boys and girls, they continue to fight."

"Don't confuse the immense foolishness of these insects with courage, Miro."

"What about the immense foolishness of a Gold Saint, how can we measure it?" he asked.

"I've never seen a fighting spirit like theirs, Sister Shaka." added the huge and gentle Gold Taurus. "Their Cosmos are huge and unlike anything I've ever felt. And that's because that girl is on their side. Because they believe she is Athena."

"What if she really is the Goddess Athena, Shaka?" asked Miro.

And for the first time Shaka was silent.