60 - The Absolute Zero

The sky was already darkened and the stars little by little appeared in the celestial vault. The four Bronze Saints approached the House of Aquarius and its owner, Camus, was already waiting for them at the entrance; his grim silhouette, his white cloak fluttering in the wind that beat hard at that height of the mountain.

They all stopped.

"Is that Camus, the Aquarius Saint?" Shun asked.

They stopped running and approached carefully; the Aquarius Saint didn't change his stance and closer they saw how his eyes had only one target: Hyoga.

"My friends, I want you to go on without me." they tried to protest, but Hyoga went on. "I want to be left alone with my master. I don't want anyone, not even you, to interfere on this fight. It is mine."

The hard eyes of the Aquarius Saint at the foot of the entrance looking down at the steps below was hard as ice.

"Go ahead!" he finally ordered.

Shun and Seiya looked at each other and decided to march.

"Come on, Shiryu."

The three walked leaving Hyoga behind and climbing each step terrified of being frozen by the Ice Mage. A few steps away from the fabulous Aquarius Saint, both Shun and Seiya stopped, not quite sure they could actually cross that temple unharmed. Camus' eyes were still far away, down at Hyoga, and the boy's voice was heard again.

"I told you to go ahead."

Seiya gulped and continued walking up the last few steps until he was beside the Aquarius Saint who, in fact, didn't show any reaction when he let the Bronze Saints simply pass him by. As soon as they entered the House of Aquarius, the three broke into a run as fast as they could to the next temple.

Camus' eyes finally closed to Hyoga and he calmly returned to the Aquarius temple. Hyoga clenched his fists and followed him inside.

Of all the Zodiac Temples, taht was by far the smallest one

Of all the Zodiac Temples, taht was by far the smallest one. A circular building, but with a wide courtyard, its floor was icy marble and the high ceiling was decorated with a huge empty aquarium, whose water roamed and transported the lights to the floor in a reflective pattern like the bottom of a floodlit pool. Hyoga noticed that on the left there was a spiral staircase to a second floor of the temple.

Ahead of him walked the Aquarius Saint with his back turned to Hyoga.

"Camus, my master. I would like to show you all my gratitude. For raising me for all these years and teaching me everything you could. But our fight at the House of Libra also showed me something far beyond your teachings. So now I want you to see how grateful I am not in words but in my fighting spirit. I will show you that the Cygnus Saint is ready to fight even a Gold Saint like you if I have to."

Camus looked at him decidedly, noticing his Cloth terribly destroyed by the stings of Scorpio.

"Very well." he said seriously. "Let's see what you've learned then. Come on, Hyoga!"