"Well, here." Smiling proudly, she stuck out a paper.

"Come on. Sign here."

"Sign?"

"Yes. I'll apply some medicine for you if you sign."

A contract was very important. Once I applied it for him, he was going to make my wish come true. It would be a very profitable business.

"Here's a pe-..."

She was planning to hand him a pen, but Vixen didn't wait. After biting his index finger, he signed the paper with the blood dripping.

'Wah, I'm scared...'

He was out of his mind. Viola hurriedly bowed her head to hide her surprised look. Hiding her trembling heart, she applied the ointment at his knee.

"Ugh! T-that stings! Apply it gently!"

Vixen gave a big blow, but fortunately, Viola was done applying it.

He stood in a huddle and mumbled. "What are you doing? Are you not going to apply it here, too? Hehe." He then brought out his index finger towards her.

"Put some here as well. See, it's still bleeding."

'That's because you didn't choose to use a pen like a normal person and just bit your finger... Ah, I guess his obsession with ointment is much worse than I thought.'

"You know, Viola." Peering at me, it seemed that he was thinking hard about something.

Instinctively, Viola had a strange feeling that he didn't want to leave this room. It looked as though he was trying to find a reason to stay. However, no matter how hard he thought about it, there was no legitimate reason, so he just blurted whatever came to his mind.

"Did you know that I'm jealous of you?"

"Why?"

"Because you have a welcome dinner."

"And you're jealous of that?"

"Yes, I didn't have that."

Well, of course, that would be the case. Vixen was born a Verratoux. Thus, there was no welcome dinner because he wasn't adopted.

"I'm told not to say anything. They just want me to eat, that's all."

Viola realized this. If siblings didn't say anything at the welcome dinner, she should just be on her best manners. The main characters of the reception are Duke Heron, Duchess Isabelle, and Viola.

'Because it's not just a welcoming dinner.'

If it were a real 'welcome dinner,' family members would greet each other, familiarize each other's faces, and have a good time. Although Viola wasn't sure if that would be the case here.

The actual title of this scene in the novel was "The Duchy's Cruel Test." This was a place to evaluate and test Viola's qualifications as a Verratoux.

"Brother, we would only be eating."

"...Okay." Vixen became sullen.

"So, let's have fun next time."

"Okay!"

He then raised his pinky eagerly.

"You promise to do something fun with me?"

"Yeah."

"All right. Keep your promise, okay?"

"I got it." Vixen, who was fully energized, went outside with a grin.