pt.34

Aonung's Pov:

It felt nice for things to be all better with neteyam.

The strange people had left and weeks had passed, my sister seemed to be getting happier and I would have to thank lo'ak for that.

"Aonung!" I heard a voice call, I turned around to see neteyam before he embraced me in a hug. He was very open about physical affection. "Hey neteyam" I smiled, rubbing his shoulder.

Neteyam nuzzled his head into my neck, acting like a little baby. "Fishing was so hard today!" He whined, I nodded my head. "Fishing was hard for my group to" I told neteyam.

He pulled his head away from my neck, a pout on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "We've barely had anytime together these past weeks!" Neteyam pouted, I laughed at how needy he was. "Tonight we can hang out" I smiled at him.

Neteyam frowned, pulling me back into a hug. "Why not now!" He whined, I smiled swishing his braids out of the way. "I have work to do and so do you" I told him.

Neteyam sighed nodding slowly. "I'll see you tonight!" He smiled a goodbye before leaving.

I set off the find my hunting group.

--Time skip.
Aonung's Pov:

Me and rotxo pulled hard at the nets, it seeming to be caught on something. "Aonung switch with kiri and go see what it is" rotxo told me, I nodded allowing kiri to move to my side of the net before I dived into the water.

I saw around the net to find that part of it was hooked onto coral, I tried to lift the rope up over the coral but it wasn't gonna budge.

I'd have to break the coral. I began to kick at the small piece of coral before it broke. The net spiraling free.

I rose up from the water to see rotxo cheering with Kiri. Those two had seemed to be getting really close I just haven't talked to rotxo about it.

"This is a good catch right?" Kiri asked, kneeling down as rotxo gave her a knife. "it's wonderful" he smiled down at her. She completely ignored his smile and began cutting at the rope to free the dead fish. L

I pulled out my own knife examining the fish. "Hey look at this" I called to rotxo he came over to me confused. "Mine looks like that too!" He said pointing at the parasites on the fish. "A lot of the fish in here do" I mumbled.

"We should tell you parents" rotxo told me and I nodded.

"Come on we'll bring the two fish to them" I told rotxo who called for Kiri and we hurried away.

What was happening to our fish.

🧍🏻 I'm low-key so tired rn so goodnight y'all.
Word count: 473