pt.59

Aonungs Pov:

"Hey neteyam!" I said, greeting him as I walked into their den. "Hey, how are you?" Neteyam greeted, giving me a side hug.

"Nervous for dinner tonight" I laughed and neteyam chuckled. "Kiri's even more nervous" neteyam told me and I nodded in understandment.

"I pray to eywa that everything goes well" I said, taking neteyam's hand. He let out a sigh. "As do I"

"Neteyam do you know where I put my shell waist bead" Kiri called from her room, almost on cue.

"Oh, hey aonung" Kiri greeted once she had come out of her room and saw me.

"Didn't you leave it in the bathroom?" Neteyam asked and she shrugged going off to go check.

"How are you feeling today?" Neteyam asked, lowering his voice to a whisper and I looked at him confused. "I'm fine-?"

"Oh!" I laughed, realizing what he meant. "I'm just a little sore"

"Neteyam!" Kiri's voice yelled from the bathroom and neteyam rolled his eyes. "What?" Neteyam shouted back.

"Can you get me some carp?" She asked from the bathroom and neteyam rolled his eyes playfully. "A bunch!" She called again.

"I will go hunting" I told neteyam but he shook his head. "I will, it's my responsibility to take care of my sister" neteyam told me, patting my chest.

"I will join along" I told him, following him. "Kiri carries the child of my brother, it's my responsibility to help her too" I told neteyam when he looked like he was about to decline.

"Okay, it would be faster with two" he shrugged and we both set off to the beach.

--

"Is it some sort of craving?" Neteyam asked as we watched Kiri eat like the entire pile of carp we caught.

"My mom's like that too, I think it's a pregnant thing" I shrugged and neteyam giggled.

"I could eat a thousand more of those" Kiri smiled. "Good" I said. "Because we'll have it for dinner"

Neteyam nodded in agreement. "That's a new seasoning I tried too" neteyam said, pointing at the empty dish.

"It's delicious" Kiri said, putting a thumbs up.

"We can tell" I chuckled. "Can't wait to try it myself"

I'm back 🧍🏻
Word count: 370