pt.37

Neteyam's Pov:

We all gathered down at the beach, me and my siblings had brought their ikrans down to the beach.

The sun had barely rised but they were all getting ready to leave. Kiri was packing up her medicine on her ikran while rotxo helped her.

"We will Land at the three brother rocks there, call if I you see anything" aonung announced, making eye contact with me.

The group yipped and called out as we began to leave the beach.

I flew my ikran close to aonung as his ilu raced, switching between underwater and above water.

Tsireya let out a call as rotxo raised his spear above his head, they we're drawing closer to the three brother rocks. "Lo'ak!" I called grabbing my brothers attention. "Fly up a bit more and see if you can see over the rocks" I told him, he nodded his head his ikran flying above me.

Aonung let out a loud yip grabbing my attention, he waved his hands in the air. There's something.

I called lo'ak back as we made our way down to where aonung was.

"Ilu" tsireya said sadly, looking down at the poor struggling thing. Kiri instantly grabbed her medicine but rotxo raised his hand out. "To far gone" he told her, Kiri looked sad. "Brother?" Tsireya asked out, queueing aonung who pulled out his knife.

"I see you sister, your life has been taken but not meaningless. Your body stays here but your soul goes to eywa" aonung stabbed the dying ilu, it instantly went limp. You suffer no more. May eywa give you peace" aonung finished, sliding his knife back into his pouch.

He stood up, the air was filled with sadness as we all paid our respect to the creature.

"Ilu's don't go this far out?" Lo'ak asked. "No" aonung muttered. "No they don't" he looked up to the sky, his eyes seemed to be searching for answers.

Tsireya touched lo'ak's arm, sliding her hand into his as she stared at the dead creature.

"We must keep moving" I told them, rotxo agreed with me, calling his ilu, and making sure it didn't see the dead ilu. The other two metkayina copied rotxo while me and my siblings got onto our ikrans.

"Rest easy sister" I whispered to the ilu before taking off with my ikran.

The ride seemed more quiet now, no yips and chattering. Even the ocean was mourning it's waves and breeze stayed silent.

Suddenly rotxo let out a call indicating we reached the great brothers rocks.

I flew down with my ikran, landing on the rocks as the three metkayina emerged to the surface.

"Do you think the answers are here?" Lo'ak asked me and I looked down at the rocks beneath me. "Maybe"

"We must talk to eywa" aonung said, kiri instantly stepped back sadly. Everyone knew she couldn't connect with the spirit tree's underwater because of her seizures. "I will stay back with kiri" rotxo offered, smiling over at her.

Kiri nodded gratefully.

"Okay, we'll try to be quick" tsireya said to the two, her and aonung slipping into the water me and lo'ak following after.

We swam underwater the beauty of the spirit tree's lighting up for us. It's beautiful.

I took my bond, connecting with the spirit tree as the others did the same.

I felt electricity bloom through me, the light of eywa absorbing me till it went silent.

I was in a clearing, I was alone and I knew it was my tribe clearing. I wondered why it took me home. "Neteyam" a great voice bellowed and I looked around confused. Sooni spotted the person the voice belonged too.

I had never seen him before and he didn't look familiar to any na'vi my parents had talked about.

"You've come a long way haven't you?" The na'vi smiled. "I'm looking for answers" I told the na'vi as he stepped closer. "I know" the na'vi smiled. "I've been waiting for you"

I nodded, signing 'i see you' to the na'vi. "You want the answers correct?" The na'vi asked and I nodded my head. He smiled waving me forward, I followed him Soon the blank clearing turned to forest and soon we we're in the metkayina camp, the beach not so far away.

"What am I looking for?" I asked the na'vi. He shrugged. "What are you looking for neteyam?" The na'vi asked him. "The answers!" Neteyam breathed out.

"To which question you keep asking yourself?" The na'vi asked.

"What is happening to the reef?" I asked the na'vi, his head turned to state out at the water. "The tulkun are coming" the na'vi said.

"That tells me nothing!" I hissed but the na'vi instantly silenced me.

"You did not let me finish boy" he said calmly. "The tulkun are coming" the na'vi repeated. "But with fear, fear that goes across the ocean, fear that tells everything to run" the na'vi spoke with sadness in his tone.

"Sky people hunt the tulkun, but when they dump the bodies of the tulkun it let's the chemicals they use slip into the sea" the na'vi explained. "For now it's spreading to the fish, soon the people"

"How do I stop it?" I asked the na'vi worriedly. The na'vi's head turned to look at me. "You have your father's courage but your mother's spirit" the na'vi smiled weakly.

"I- I've never heard about you from my parents" I told the na'vi who nodded. "I know, it saddens your father to much, and your mother..." The na'vi trailed off.

"Why? What happened?" I asked the na'vi, he only smiled sadly at me.

"Peace will come" the na'vi spoke. "You won't have to suffer the way I did" the na'vi touched my shoulder, squeezing it.

My name is tsu'tey. And you are my last hope neteyam" I could feel the na'vi start to slip away from me but I needed to know more.

"Wait please!" I cried out but it was to late I opened my eyes that I forgot were closed, I wasn't in the forest or back at the metkayina camp. I was back at the spirit tree.

I looked around to see aonung, tsireya, and lo'ak waiting for me. Once I nodded we all swam to the surface.

"It's the tulkun" I said to them, tsireya nodded. "I know, I saw too" she said sadly and aonung nodded along. "They were killing them like prey" lo'ak exclaimed, sadness weeping in his eyes.

Rotxo and kiri came to the edge of the rocks, already listening to our conversation. "We have our answers we should head back" aonung said, lifting himself out of the water.

We all copied his actions before piling onto our ilu's and ikrans.

I'd have to ask my parents about tsu'tey.

MoAnA that voice inside is who you ArE 🎶
Also guys I broke my arm so it's kinda hard to post chapters and I might take breaks and not upload daily because of the pain 🧍🏻
Word count: 1173