pt.83

Aonungs Pov:

I sat in silence with nìayoeng, cutting the fish.

It was an awkward silence and nìayoeng refused to look up from his fish.

Neither one of us spoke.

I let out a sigh and I could see nìayoeng knife stop moving.

"I think we should talk" I told him, breaking the silence.

The boy sighed, nodding slowly. "Okay.." he mumbled.

"I'm sorry" I apologized. "For what I said and how I treated you" I could see the complete surprised look on his face as he looked up at me.

It was only a minute of surprise before his face softened.

"Aonung, I am not the one you should apologize to" nìayoeng said before he nodded over to the Tsahìk's den.

I frowned a bit. "I know" I muttered.

"There's nothing stopping you aonung" nìayoeng said, skinning his fish.

"I don't know how to talk to him" I admitted and nìayoeng shook his head.

"Talking is easy aonung, but it will only ever be as hard as you make it"

I sighed, looking over at Tsahìk den. "What if he doesn't want to talk?" I asked.

Nìayoeng shrugged. "You have plenty of time to talk" he said, setting the knife down.

"Just don't speak to late"

--

I sat with tsireya in our den, takuk sitting on my leg as I rocked him slowly.

"How's maskwa doing?" I asked and tsireya smiled at me lightly. "He's healing well" she told me.

"You should visit him" I said and I nodded. "I will" I said, looking down at takuk's peaceful sleeping face.

"I think I'm going to make him a warrior too"

Tsireya looked at me surprised. "Really now?" She asked, a light smile on her face.

"Yeah, he deserves it" I nodded and tsireya took my hand, her eyes shifting down to takuk.

"You know rotxo is proud of you" tsireya said, squeezing my hand.

I felt tears brim at my eyes as I held takuk closer to me.

"I really hope he is"

Sobbing 😭 😭
Word Count: 340