pt.20

Neteyam's Pov:

Not Soon after my parents left antohi came to our den, I instantly hugged her. "Thank god your safe!" She exclaimed, we pulled away from the hug. "I heard about your little sister, and aonung" antohi said sadly. "I hope their okay!" She reached up to fiddle with her necklaces around her neck.

"They have to be fine!" Tsireya said, she was still crying.

We don't know that.

--time skip.

There was a lot of yelling and shouting and out of the dens door I could see warriors flooding back to the beach, I saw my mother's ikran and I instantly went outside the den. "Neteyam!" Lo'ak called after me.

Tsireya joined me as we watched all the warriors get off their ilu's, some we're injured. "We must have won!" Antohi said gratefully as her, lo'ak, and kiri stood beside us.

"Aonung!" Tsireya let out a horrified scream and I looked over to see my mom hoisting him off her ikran, he didn't move.

Ronal quickly jumped off her ilu, running to her limp son.

Lo'ak grabbed tsireya's arm holding her back. "Calm down!" He tried to tell her as she cried out.

Oh eywa please no.

I thought, I don't want aonung to die.

Ronal tuk aonung urgently as neytiri helped tuk down, Tonowari came soon after to help lift aonung's limp body away.

I watched antohi kneel down beside tsireya like lo'ak was doing to comfort her, kiri touched my arm, even though aonung was A jerk to her she still had tears running down her face.

It's all my fault.

If I had just followed him instead of walked off he would be safe.

-- time Skip

Neteyam's Pov:

"He's up!" Antohi cheered happily, her head poked into our den. I instantly stood up, Kiri and lo'ak followed more slowly. I walked straight over to antohi. "Is he okay?" I asked her she nodded slowly, taking her hand in mine.

"Let's go" kiri said rolling her eyes.

We walked to to Tonowari and ronal's den, and I paused. "are you okay neteyam?" Antohi asked as my siblings dipped into the den. I shouldn't talk to aonung.

"You go in without me, I'll wait here" antohi gave me a confused look but nodded. "of course neteyam" she smiled. "Tell me how he's doing" I told her as she went into the den.

I waited outside the den, watching the water swish back and forth. He'll be okay.

I told myself. I shouldn't worry about him aonung clearly stated he could take care of himself.

He doesn't need me so I won't need him. I reminded myself.

Bit of a shorter chapter today 😘👍
Word count: 450