pt.73

Neteyam's Pov:

"Lo'ak come help me with this" I muttered, pulling at the net of heavy ass fish.

Lo'ak let out a heavy sigh running over to me. "Forgot how much work this is" he grunted, grabbing onto the net and helping me pull.

"I'm for sure getting drunk tonight" lo'ak said flatly, tugging hard at the nets.

"Lo'ak!" I chuckled, Rolling my eyes playfully.

"Need some help?" A voice behind us asked and before I could say anything antohi was helping pull at the nets.

With many tugs and pulls the net finally came free and we all let out a giant sigh. "Thanks antohi" I smiled at her and she nodded before turning around.

"You couldn't bother to help?" Antohi hissed and that's when I realized there was a boy standing there. Maskwa was his name?

"It looked like you had it covered" maskwa shrugged, his eyes shifting to the ground as he kicked at the sand.

Antohi rolled her eyes in annoyance suppressing a growl. "Go help the elders or watch the little ones" antohi said, waving her hand in dismissal.

"Why?" Maskwa frowned, his ears lowering to pin back. "That's not fair. Why does yona get to do all the cool stuff!?"

"Because Yona actually knows how to help when it is needed!" Antohi hissed out making both me and lo'ak surprised. "Now go!"

The young boy, with a scowl left disappearing to the pods.

Antohi turned back to us with a sigh. "I feel like that was to harsh" she said worriedly. "It's just he's been like this all day" she frowned, rubbing her temple.

"It's fine, sometimes they need to be told more than once" I shrugged.

"Yes!" Antohi hissed out in annoyance. "First it was gathering the ilu, then it was moving the wood for the pod, and now this!" She said angrily.

"I just don't understand what's up with him!" He sighed.

I frowned a bit, looking over at lo'ak who shrugged. "Maybe try talking to him about it?" I suggested but she just sighed.

"I have, many times" she told me. "He refuses to say anything"

I shrugged. "Let's just get this catch back and cool down a bit" lo'ak said and we all seemed to agree with that.

😋I love posting stories when I'm supposed to be sleeping 🥰
Word count: 393