pt.38

Neteyam's Pov:

When we got back to camp we sure got an earful of angry parents, rotxo stood behind us waiting patiently while we were yelled at.

Where are his parents?

"Mom we found answers!" Aonung told his mother, all the parents went silent. "It's the tulkun, the tulkun are dying, being killed" aonung spoke, Tonowari and Ronal exchange worried glances.

"The sky people are killing them" kiri said to our parents. "Then dumping their body's filled with chemicals to rot the Ocean" tsireya finished for kiri.

"My children..." Ronal, said her hand to her mouth. "You are brave and mighty children" she said, all of our ears perked. "but that was stupid!" She hissed. "dangerous!"

Aonung lowered his head with respect. "I know mother, but please understand why" he whispered.

Tonowari placed a hand on aonung's shoulder, looking over at Jake and neytiri. "We will fight the sky people as many times as we have to" neytiri said, bowing her head.

Ronal nodded with approval. "We shall get revenge for our spirit brothers and sisters" she declared.

With that us kids were dismissed, neytiri and Jake following us.

"Rotxo stay here" I heard Ronal tell the boy who was following us.

I walked next to aonung as we all walked to the dens. "Where was rotxo parents?" I asked him and aonung made a face.

"Don't mention his parents okay?" Aonung said, looking over at me.

I nodded. "Sorry" I muttered. "His parents we're killed in battle when we we're younger" aonung spoke. "Ever since then he's been afraid of war, afraid to fight but he will" aonung shrugged. "He doesn't show it often but he's scared with all this stuff that's going on"

I knew my jaw was hanging open. "I'm so sorry, I wouldn't have invited him if I-"

"Don't apologize, it's his own will to come along" aonung told me. "I've told him many times he doesn't have to but he always insists" aonung had a small smile on his face speaking about rotxo's determination.

"Your sister kiri as also shown him a new light" aonung said, nodding to my sister, I looked over at her, she held tuk's hand who had joined us.

"What do you mean?" I asked him confused. "Your sister has taught rotxo many things he couldn't have learned from me, or tsireya, or any other na'vi in this tribe" aonung explained.

I nodded in understanding staring at my sister who skipped along the path with tuk.

--time skip.

"Mom?" I called seeing my parents sitting in the main den. Neytiri glanced up at me. "What is it son?" She asked and I slide onto the seat in front of my two parents so I was facing them.

"I wanted to ask you about someone" I said, seeing how they exchanged looks before nodding.

"Who is tsu'tey?" I asked.

I instantly saw my mother's face drop with a mix of surprise and worry, I looked over at my father to see the sadness in his eyes.

"Neteyam, how do you know about him?" Jake asked me, leaning forward.

"He came to me at the spirit tree's" I told them, I watched my mothers hand go over her mouth. "Who was he?" I asked them.

"That is a long conversation" neytiri whispered. "Another time we will speak of him"

I frowned. Why won't they say anything. "But you told me about grace?" I snapped. "And Trudy, norm, and your brother!" I said turning to my father.

"Tsu'tey is a different story!" Jake said, raising his voice, my mother looked like she was about to cry.

"But I want to know. I want to know who he was, what his life was" I said sadly, the picture of the na'vi's sad face coming into my head.

"Not every story needs to be told" Jake told me.

I got up silently, leaving my parents in the den. Of course they won't tell me.

I went to my room, passing lo'ak who gave me a confused looked.

I laid down in my hammock. I just needed some sleep. I decided closing my eyes.

Pain ain't gonna stop me 💪
Word count: 696