pt.40

Aonung's Pov:

I quickly caught up to rotxo, touching his shoulder but he moved it away.

"What did you and my mom talk about?" I asked him but he shook his head. "Nothing" he grumbled not looking up from the sand. "You okay bro?" I asked him concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he said, put his voice made it seem like he wasn't and he seemed mad while talking.

Knowing rotxo when he's upset he'll try to hide it, but he's really emotional and that's what pisses him off.

"You want space bro?" I asked, beginning to slow my pace. Rotxo nodded. He'll talk when he wants to.

"Alright well I'll be at the beach or my den" I said waving him goodbye.

Rotxo was my best friend practically a brother to me but I knew just because he was I didn't have the right to pester into his life. He'll tell me when he's ready.

And that could be tomorrow or years from now. The only thing that matters is when he's ready

---time skip.
Aonung's Pov:

"Aonung, touch me and I'll hit you so hard your ancestors will feel it" tsireya squealed kicking her foot at me as I came closer to her with fish guts on my hands.

"Aonung let you sister finish her work" Ronal laughed at us two. "Yeah aonung, let me work" tsireya said poking out her tounge. I smiled playfully. "I'll get you back after dinner" I promised her, going back to the fish I was making.

Me and tsireya heard talking outside the den and we turned to see Ronal letting rotxo and his elder inside.

"Hey bro!" I smiled, waving my hand covered in fish. Rotxo set down his basket between us and we opened a space for him. "What's in there?" I asked him. "Tuna casserole and fry bread" rotxo said, unwrapping the basket.

"Yum!" Tsireya cheered.

"Nana made the tuna casserole, half of it is tilapia for you tsireya" rotxo said handing her the evenly cut casserole dish.

"Love you nana!" Tsireya called, turning her head to face rotxo's elders direction. "Love you too sweetheart" nana said smiling, she wasn't facing tsireya's direction though.

"And I made the fry bread" rotxo smiled (fry bread is a nativ American traditional food it is a pillowy dough with a soft inside and fry bread is one of my favorite foods and I'm adding it because I love adding my culture to my stories ☺️), turning to set it on the table. "Bro whoever marries you will be a lucky women" I laughed. Rotxo rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah right" he smiled.

"I might have you teach lo'ak how to cook" tsireya said and rotxo laughed. "No way, he'd turn that into a food fight!"

(40 minutes later)

We all sat around the table, talking and eating. Tonowari was talking to Ronal and nana about the hunting they did today.

Us kids talked about things that made us laugh and old memories we had of each other.

"Remember when rotxo first tried to ride a skim wing?" Tsireya smiled and snorted remembering how it flung him in the air as if he could fly.

"Yeah I found out why their meant for warriors" rotxo laughed shaking his head. "You'll get there one day bro" I smiled.

"Kids are you done eating?" Tonowari asked catching our attention. "Yes we're all done " tsireya nodded. "Okay could you three go down to the beach or something while we have grown up talk?" Ronal asked

Me and tsireya exchanged confused glances but nodded, picking up our plates and setting them aside as the three of us left the den.

We walked to the beach in silence, the sun was setting and it looked beautiful, we walked along the shore, the waves brushing the sand.

I heard sniffling and I looked beside me. "Rotxo?" I asked confused, we all stopped in our tracks and rotxo buried his face into his hands. "Hey what's wrong dude?" I asked grabbing his shoulder, tsireya looked at me worriedly.

"She's dying" he sobbed. "Nana is dying"

I didn't know what to say to that. Part of me didn't want to believe what he was saying.

"How do you know that?" I asked him confused. And he continued to cry. "Ronal told me. And I know it's true" he sobbed into his hands and tsireya wrapped her arm around his shoulders, laying her head on his shoulder. "Oh rotxo" she whispered sadly.

"She keeps calling me tasakú, she doesn't even remember me" he cried. Tasakù was rotxo's dad's name, I felt bad for him but I didn't know what to say.

"It's not fair!" He hissed. "Why do I have to be all alone!?" He cried. "Why is eywa doing this to me?"

I felt my heart breaking for my best friend. "Your not alone rotxo" I told him. "Were here for you"

Tsireya hugged him tighter, a real hug this time. "We love you rotxo" she said, he cried into tsireya's shoulder while I rubbed his back, looking up at the sky.

Please eywa, don't do this to him he's suffered to much for our age. I prayed, looking at the beautiful colors in the sky.

He needs peace and light.

Yes I made this chapter about their bonds ☺️ and yes it's a sad chapter because I wanted to add some sad life like stuff so here 💅
Word count: 910