pt.91

Neteyam's Pov:

"It's about aonung isn't it?" I frowned sitting down next to her. Kiri looked down, nodding a bit.

"You may have talked to him a bit last night" Kiri nodded and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Just lay it on me" I told her and she looked at me sympatheticly. "Aonung is upset with you" kiri told me. "Why!?" I frowned, angrily. "It's not my fault he can't get pregnant!"

"Neteyam listen" Kiri sighed and I shook my head angrily but I tried to keep myself together.

"He thinks you want to keep him from a child" Kiri told me.

"He can't have a child!" I hissed, extending my arms.

Now it was Kiris turn to sigh, looking over at the door. "Mommy?" Takuk asked and we both looked over at him. "Why can't aonung have a baby?"

I looked away harshly and I heard Kiri whispered to takuk. "Go play in my room while me and neteyam talk"

I heard takuk's footsteps run to Kiri's room but I still refused to look at my sister.

"Neteyam, this is something aonung really wants" Kiri told me. "You should talk to him"

"There's nothing to talk about" I scoffed. "He's not having a baby end of story"

"Neteyam -"

"I'm going for a walk" I announced, standing up and leaving my sister in the pod.

--

Aonungs Pov:

I sat with the elders and tsireya, weaving baskets with them.

"Is there a reason you've spent more time with us aonung?" One of the elders asked and I shook my head. "Nothing in particular" I muttered.

But I felt a gaze on me and I glanced up to see my sister looking at me. I knew she knew. I didn't have to tell her things for her to know.

I looked back down at my basket, continuing to weave.

"I should go back and check on the littles" tsireya announced and I glanced up excitedly at my sister. "Could I come?" I asked and she glanced over at the elders.

"Go on kids" one of the elders said, waving her hand and I scurried up to follow tsireya.

"Talk to me aonung" tsireya said once we we're far enough away from the elders.

I looked away from me, more down at my own hands. "Not yet tsireya" I muttered.

"Okay" tsireya whispered back.

We made it to the pod where tsireya had the littles working on projects. "Alright everyone!" Tsireya announced, clapping her hands.

"How about nap time" she told them and they all scurried to their hammocks.

I smiled at the kids but I couldn't help but feel a pang of hurt.

"Would you want to help put them to bed?" Tsireya asked looking over at me, I nodded excitedly, quickly going to a young boy who was trying to get situated.

"Can you rock the hammock softly?" The little boy asked and I nodded. "Of course" I whispered, beginning to lightly rock the hammock.

The little boy closed his eyes, I waited until his breathing became rhythmic and he looked at peace.

I finally let go of the hammock after that, smiling at the boy who slept peacefully.

And again, that pang of hurt.

Aonung bby :(
Word count: 540