pt.93

Neteyam's Pov:

Kiri has scolded me for days about the incident with aonung and it was always the same ending.

He can't have a baby.

But why was there always this pit in my stomach, like something was horribly wrong.

"Have you talked to-"

"No." I cut off Kiri right away with a stern voice, trying to signal I didn't want to talk about it.

This conversation has gone on and on for days and it was always a know.

Why should I have to apologize?

A bitter part of me really wanted to admit that I was right and aonung will never and can never have a kid.

"You should talk to him" Kiri huffed and I rolled my eyes. "What did I say yesterday" I asked her.

"You said no" she frowned, crossing her arms.

"So what do you think today's answer is gonna be?" I asked her, giving her a sarcastic grin.

"I just think you guys need to talk about your options and decision" Kiri told me and I did another eye roll.

"Why can't you side with me for once" I frowned and she glared at me. "I'm not siding with anyone!" She defended.

"It seems like you are" I snapped back and she let out a gaint huff before marching away.

"Fine if you think I'm picking sides I'll go be with aonung right now" she growled and I rolled my eyes at my sister.

"I'll just find lo'ak" I mumbled to myself, leaving to search for the boy.

I spotted down by the beach, he was mounting his ilu. Perfect timing.

"Lo'ak!" I called and his head snapped in my direction. "Can I ride with you?" I asked him and he happily nodded.

"Course bro, I'm going hunting so feel free to tag along" he beamed and I nodded, calling for my ilu.

Maybe this can take my mind off of the fight.

Me and lo'ak raced our ilu's out to the reef, mostly goofing off more then hunting.

But once we got down to real hunting me and him both got real serious.

Lo'ak was excellent with the cross bow and I was surprised at how well he's adapted to hunting.

Once we grabbed his catch and resurfaced I made sure to compliment him. "Damn little bro it's like you were born here" I smiled and he nodded his thanks.

"You hunt in the woods I hunt in the reef" lo'ak chuckled. "Come on we should get back, eclipse is coming" lo'ak told me pointing at the sky.

It had only felt like minutes that I had been out with my brother.

We got back on our ilu's and raced back to shore, playing tag.

Once we made it to the beach lo'ak dismissed himself with his catch, probably off to go show tsireya.

Now I was alone.

I petted my ilu's head, staying in the water with her, not yet ready to go back.

"Your so lucky" I told the ilu, petting her neck. "You don't gotta worry about a single thing huh?"

The ilu let out a clicking noises before rubbing it's head against my chest. "What? I'm petting you?" I asked as it kept hitting my chest.

It let out more clicks and squeaks, nudging me to the beach.

"Wow!" I exclaimed at the ilu. "Really want me to go away huh?"

The ilu's flipper hit the water, before it made more calls, moving it's head in the direction of the pods.

"You really want me to go back home?" I laughed, beginning to leave the shallow water.

I felt a feeling of dread as I stepped on the sand but I forced my legs to keep moving forward as I walked back to my pod.

I walked to the entrance, almost jumping out of my skin by who was there.

It was aonung, tsireya and Kiri sat on either side of him as his eyes stared at the floor, refusing to acknowledge my arrival.

"What's going on?" I hissed out.

Yay! An update!
Word count: 678