Chapter 8: Losing a loved one

Carl's POV
She retreats back to the bathroom and I stand there shocked but I can't help but think.

Her straight raven black hair was wet and all the way down to her elbows and her forest green eyes popped from her soft pale skin.

Her full lips parted slightly when she saw me and blush spread across her cheeks. I could see her curves because of how tight the towel was around her body.

The scars on her arms were exposed to me they mad me mad that someone had done that to her mad I wasn't there to stop them

Quit it Carl!

I think to myself I hear a knock come from the bathroom door.

"C-carl can you um g-give me my bag p-please," She mumbles I grab her duffel bag and place it in front of the door.

"It's in front of the door and I'm turned around," I explain backing away looking at the opposite wall of the bathroom door.

I hear the door open and close quickly a few more minutes later the door opens again.

"You can turn back around now," I hear Cassandra say. I turn around and look at her, her long hair is brushed and she's wearing a plain blue hoodie with a pair of leggings.

I smile "You look amazing," I mumble under my breath.

"What?" she asks. I just realized what I said.

"Nothing important," I shrug.

She walks over to the bed and sits down "Did you need something?" She asks.

"I was just bored and your door was open and I wanted to see if you wanted to do something but obviously you where in the shower" I continue on with my rant.

She laughs.

God she has the cutest laugh.

She puts her finger to my lips to shush me. "So what do you wanna do?" she asks with a smile.

"Um I don't know what do you wanna do?" I ask shrugging she laughs.

"Cane all the way here because you were bored now you don't know what to do?" She asks with a smirk.

"I guess so," I mumble.

"Well then we must find something to do" she says getting up.

I smirk "And what is it you want to do?" I ask she shruggs laying down on the bed.

"Trll me about your life before this," she says patting the place beside her.

I lay down "Well I was in 9th grade was pretty popular" I say.

She nods "Did you have a girlfriend?" She asks I shake my head.

"You have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"Didn't have the time for one" she shrugs.

"Where were you when it all started?" she questions.

"Well it was a pretty normal day at school my mom came to pick my up told me my dad was in the hospital with a gun shot. So Shane took us to go see him and everything went nuts we got to the hospital but the military was shooting walkers and the living so Shane got us put of there and told us my dad was dead." I finish explaining.

"You knew Shane before this?" she asks I nod.

"Him and my dad were cops and partners" I say she nods.

"How about you where were you?" I asks breaking the silence

"I was in Annettes classroom talking to her teacher then alarms started going off so I got us in a car and bolted we stayed with a friend for 2 days then left then you know the last bit" she says.