Chapter 28:Grenade

Cassandra's POV
It's the day of the run me, Carl, Michonne, and Rick are going on. Annie still doesn't think it's a good idea for me to go but I convinced her that I would be ok. "Ready to go" Carl asks leaning on my door frame I nod and stand up grabbing my knife.

We walk out of my cell hand in hand "hey lovebirds" Glenn says jokingly as we pass him. I see Kasiaya and Annie I walk over and kiss Annie's head and give Kasiaya a hug. "Anything you guys want us to look out for" I ask.

"I'm good" Kasiaya says "some colored pencils would be nice" Annie says with a small smile. I nod "that it" I ask they nod "and please be careful" Anide quickly adds on. I nod "see you guys in a little bit" I say walking away with Carl.

We get to the car and sit in the back while Michonne and Rick are in the front. I feel Carl's hand go over mine I interwine our hands and smile to myself. I stare out the window watching the trees pass by a man with a backpack is on the side of the road he sees us and starts screaming for us to stop Rick starts speeding up and the mans screams grow quieter

I pull my knife out as we walk the streets the only noise that is heard are our footsteps. As we continue walking we start seeing writing on the buildings the word "Clear" is written everywhere it was kinda freaky I move closer to Carl just to be safe.

We get to the police station Rick going first telling us when it's ok to follow. We get to the armory and found nothing someone cleaned got it before we did.

"Fuck" I mumble "it's alright we'll find another place" Rick assures trying to stay positive I sigh as we walk out. We start walking again turning on a street I look at it confused. Someone set up a bunch of walker traps.

"What is this" I ask "I don't know" Rick mumbles as we continue walking down the street. There was a bunch more creepy writing on the buildings one said "Turn around and live" that made my skin crawl for some reason. "Hey stay close ok" Carl mumbles I nod as we continue following Rick and Michonne.

A walker starts walking towards us Michonne starts walking towards it. "Wait she'll get caught" Rick says the walker got caught in the trap. Almost immediately it was shot in the head our heads snap to where the shot came from.

A man at the top of one of the buildings had a gun pointed at us "Hands!" he yells. We all put our hands up quickly "Now you drop what you got and you go" the man says "All of it 10 seconds" he adds on. "Run for the car now" Rick says

"10!" The man starts counting.

"Dad we need that rifle" Carl says

"9!"

"8!"

"I think I can get up there" I mumble Rick shakes his head.

"7!"

"6!"

"Carl, Cassandra go" Rick says.

The man quickly gets down and starts shooting at us I feel a bullet pass my head by a mear inch. I quickly take cover as the man starts shooting again he's only a few feet away from my hiding spot I close my eyes. "I'm sorry Annie" I mumble ready for the man to shoot me.

It never came instead I hear a much louder gunshot and a thud a groan following that. I get up and see Carl looking at the man he just shot his eyes wide. "You ok" Rick mumbles "yeah" Carl says he looks in my direction and I nod.

"I told you two to run for the car, i didn't want you to have to do that Carl" Rick says. "I had too" Carl says we hear a clunk and look down at the man. I look at him curiosity getting the best of me I bend down and knock on his chest. "He's wearing body armor" I say standing up.