Chapter 20:Happy Again

3 months later
Cassandra's POV
Is it this way? No no it's that way I'm sure of it. Fuck I'm lost again its been 91 days since I lost my group three whole months. I hear a rustle in the woods and pull my knife out a girl that looks around my age comes out panting.

She looks around and sees me "p-please help me" she says I hear footsteps fast footsteps. She was being chased I look at her and nod I start running with her following close behind we take a few turns and twist until we find a road.

There's a car on the road and we race to it I hotwire it and we drive off. She looks behind until she can no longer see were we were. "Thank you" she says I nod "what's your name" she asks "Cassandra" I answer she nods "I'm kasiaya" I nod "nice to meet you kasiaya" I say.

Annette's POV
It's been three months. Three whole months without her I'm slowly starting to slip away each day I can feel it. I hear a knock on the window and see Daryl. He's been trying to make me feel better.

"I'm going huntin you wanna come" he says I nod why not maybe a walker will get me. I won't have to deal with the pain anymore. I hop out of the car and follow Daryl we get to the foot of the woods before we hear someone holler for us I turn around and see Carl

"Hey where are you taking her" he says "we're goin huntin" Daryl says carl shakes his head "what if she gets hurt" he says. "Look I understand you wanna keep her safe for her but she needs to learn how to hunt and I'm right here she ain't gonna get hurt" Daryl says Carl looks around for a minute then nods "be safe" he says looking at me.

We've caught 2 squirrels and a rabbit so far best kill we've gotten in a while. Daryl stops and points to the ground "look" he mumbles I look down and see a flower.

"It's a petunia Y'know what it means?" Daryl asks I shake my head he smiles. "It symbolizes hope" he says I smile slightly "thank you" I say he nods "we should probably be headin back now" he says. I nod and we start walking back to our camp on the road.

Cassandra's POV
I stop the car and sigh "I think we're safe now" I say Kasiaya smiles "thanks" she says. I nod "no problem" I mumble "so what's your story" she asks I shrugg "not much to tell" I say.

"I've got time" she says laying back in the seat I laugh a little "Well at the beginning it was just me and my sister we stayed at a friend's house for a while and then went off on our own. We met a group and stayed with them a couple months ago the place we were staying at got over ran and they left me thinking I got eaten. My sisters still with them and now I'm on my own and I'm looking for them." I say she nods "how olds your sister" she asks "7 or 8" I answer.

"I have a brother Andre and my mom I wasn't with them when it all started I was with my dad, whole other state. He passed a little while back now it's just me I really hope there ok." Kasiaya finishes and I smile sadly.

"How old is your brother" I ask "3" she answers I frown "I'm sorry" I say putting a hand over hers to show comfort she smiles lightly. "It's fine" she says "ok let's make a deal I help you find your family and you help me find mine" I say she smiles and nods.

"That sounds like a plan" she says "ok let's go" I say starting the car again.

Carl's POV
Annie's still not back I'm starting to get worried "Mom" I say she hums. "Can I please go find them what if she's hurt" I say. She sighs "Carl she's fine Daryls with her" she assures.

"Yea well what is they came across another group and there indanger" I say. She sighs again "Carl their-actualy their right over there" mom says i look over to where she was pointing sure enough Annie and Daryl were there 2 squirrels and a rabbit in hand.