Chapter 27:Old faces

Cassandra's POV
All the trucks left now it was just the one that had walkers in it. Hershel and Rick got back inside the inner field of the prison safely and now were all sitting inside in awkward silence. Oh did I mention Daryl came back he brought Merle too.

Just fucking fantastic Merle was the governors little bitch for a while but he's also loyal to his Daryl. As long as we had Daryl we had Merle but I still hate him. Kasiaya does too she learned that Merle was the one who shot her mother Michonne even though it didn't kill her she was still livid.

I was sat next to Annie and Carl I was death staring Merle and so was Kasiaya. It was awkward silence Merles eyes switched between me and Kasiaya. "What the hell y'all staring at me for" Merle says "You kidnapped me, Glenn, and Maggie" I answers "you shot my mother" Kasiaya adds on.

"Who the hell- Oh your sword ladies kid ain't ya" Merle says Kasiaya jumps up and reaches for him. Me and Carl quickly grab ahold of her as Merle jumps back. "Damn" Merle laughs.

"Come her you sorry peice of shit" Kasiaya growls "Kasiaya!" Michonne comes in and pulls on Kasiaya's arm. Michonne mumbles something in her ear then Kasiaya stops struggling she sighs and walks off. "We need to make a plan" Rick says everyone quiets down and starts listening to him.

Rick and the others continue talking I Zone out a little "why don't we just leave". I hear someone ask I zone back in Merle chuckles lightly "your chance at running is gone the governor has people at every possible exit probably as we're speaking now. He'll starve us out" Merle says.

We all stay silent I think deep down everyone knew he was right. This guy is stopping till he gets what he wants. "We've worked to hard for this" Glenn argues "we don't have the ammo to clear those walkers out" I mumble. "Well manage we always have" Rick assures. I nod not fully confident that Rick's right.

Rick, Carol, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Kasiaya, and Daryl went outside to try and clear some of the walkers. I was sitting with Judith in my arms while Annie was sketching in her book. Judith starts crying and I frown "what's wrong" I ask looking at her.

"I bet your hungry" I mumble I pick her up and put her on my good hip while walking over to where her formula is. I start making her bottle when I feel someone's presence behind me. "You shouldn't be holding her" I hear Carl mumble.

"Your side isn't fully healed" he adds on I sigh "she's not to heavy" I say. He doesn't say anything he just takes her from me. I frown at him while I shake her formula up I hold it to her mouth and she stops crying. She opens her mouth and I gently give her the bottle.

I smile at her seeing how calm and relaxed she is.

She quickly drinks the full bottle I take it from her and chuckle a little. "Someone's a hungry baby" I say Carl smiles as he watches me walk over my Annette.

"What" I ask he shruggs "nothing" he mumbles sitting next to me. "Annie have you eaten today" I ask she nods "what did you eat" I ask "half a bag of stale chips" she replies I frown. "You have to eat more" I say "well we need to start saving food" She says.

I shake my head "you don't worry about all that go get some food" I say she nods and gets up. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose "what's wrong" Carl asks "she's just a kid she shouldn't have to worry about saving food" I mumble. "I know" he mumbles.

We hear the door of the prison open and close then frantic whispers and footsteps. We turn our heads to the door and see the others walk in with someone who was thought as dead. "Andrea?" I mumble shock on my face I stand up and walk over to her hugging her.

She laughs lightly and hugs me back "Andrea!?" I look over and see Annie with a happy and surprised look on her face. She giggles and rushes over joining our hug I release from the hug and see everyone else with angery looks on there faces my face scrunched in confusion.

"Why's everyone upset" I question "she's with the governor" Rick replies. I look at her and shake my head in disbelief "your with that slimy peice of shit!?" I say getting angery. "Cassandra listen I didn't know he-" I cut her off "he threatened to rape Maggie then drove a knife into my side" I say revealing the bandage that covered the wound.

Her eyes fill with shock and worry "I don't know I swear I didn't know" she says shaking her head. I scoff "I guess there's a lot you don't know why the hell are you even here?" I ask.

"He's getting an army ready but if we just come together no one's has to die" she says. I shake my head "he doesn't deserve peace no, he deserves to be torn apart by walkers" I say walking off I hear quiet whispers but could care less.

I walk into my cell and plop on my bed I sigh and shut my eyes falling into a deep sleep.

3 hours later
"Cassandra" I hear someone mumble I'm being shaken I open my eyes and see a blurry outline of someone. My eyes start adjusting and I smile seeing Carl looking down at me.

"Morning sleepy head" he says with a smile I smile back and yawn. I hold my arms out and he chuckles "what" he asks. I make a frown "cuddles" I mumble he smiles and sits next to me. I scoot so he can lay down too.

I put my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, he pulls me ontop of him carefully and puts his arms around me. I put my head on his chest and close my eyes with a smile on my face.

"Me, my dad, and Michonne are going on a run tomorrow if you wanna go" Carl says I nod "I'll go what for" I ask "weapons to defend ourselves against the governor and your gonna be able to see my hometown" he says. I smile "you'll have to show me around" I mumble he nods and we stay in a peaceful silence.

"I love you" he mumbles "I love you too" I say he kisses the top of my head. I pick my head up and kiss his lips I feel him smile into the kiss. We disconnect our lips for air and he looks at me with a goofy grin.

"What" I ask with a chuckle "how did I get so lucky" he mumbles "what do you mean" I ask. "I have the most amazing girl in the world as my girlfriend" he says. A warmth I've never felt filled my heart it felt werid but a good werid.

I blush and look down "I'm really not-" he cuts me off "you are though your beautiful, smart, independent, and so much more you mean the world to me Cassandra and I'll love you forever I can promise you that" he says.

He frowns "what's wrong why are you crying" he asks a hand going to my cheek he wipes my tears away with his thumb. I didn't even relise I was crying I wasn't sure why I was but I was. I smile "nothing" I say laying my head back on his chest.

Words 1300
Sorry for the short chapter I just couldn't think of what to put down bieeee