Chapter 29:Stay or Leave?

2 days later
Cassandra's POV
So apparently Rick, Hershel, and Daryl are going to make a peace treaty with the governor today. It's a terrible idea so many things could happen the governor could over power them with more men or weapons or both, he could kidnap them and then they have to go through what Glenn, Maggie, and me did, they could- "hey Cassandra have you seen the comic book I was reading last night" I hear Carl holler interrupting my thoughts.

"Yea it's right here" I say picking it up from my dresser I hear footsteps then Carl appears in my door way.

"Thank god I was looking for it everywhere" he says grabing it. I give him a small smile but he could see right through it. "What's wrong" he asks sitting next to me I shrugg "I don't think making a leace treaty with the governor with work" I say truthly.

He sighs "me neither but we have to try" he says putting an arm around me. I smile lightly "yeah I guess we do" I mumble Carl looks down into my eyes they flicker to my lips then back to my eyes.

"How did I get so lucky" he mumbles with a smile I kiss his lips softly. He smiles and pulls me in for another I pull away and lay my head on his shoulder. "Oh I almost forgot" Carl's says jumping up he stat pulling my arm "come on come on I have a surprise for you" he says with a goofy smile.

He's still pulling my hand "close your eyes" he says I giggle doing as he said. We start walking again then he let's go "stay there and keep your eyes closed" he says I smile and nod.

I hear some rustling around then it stops "hold your hands out" I hear Carl say. I hold them out then feel something being placed in them. "Open your eyes" I hear him say eagerly I open my eyes a gasp happily. In my hands was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I smile "where did you find this" I ask "it was under this bed I didn't find it until yesterday" he says I smile and hug him. "Thank you" I say he smiles and wraps his arms around my waist "it's not the exact one your on but-" I cut him off "no it's perfect" I mumble.

We release from our hug and he plops on his bed "Cassandra?" Carl says I hum "can you read to me" he asks I shrugg "sure" I answer he smiles and grabs my hand. I laugh at his behavior and sit down he pulls me down a little bit laying his head down on my stomach wrapping his arms around my waist.

I blush lightly and clear my throat as i start reading.

The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy lay over-"

1 hour later
I finish another chapter of the book and close it feeling my eyes starting to hurt from reading so much. "Why'd you stop" Carl mumbles "my eyes hurt" I answer he nods and pulls himself up to lay next to me.

I smile wrapping my legs around his waist he smiles kissing my cheek. We smile staying silent just looking into eachothers eyes. "We gotta get up" he mumbles I frown and snuggle into his chest. "Cuddles" I mumble he chuckles "no we have to get up" he says I refuse to move.

He sighs "I'll let you wear my hat" he says I sit up ad he smirks "knew that'd get you up" he says putting the hat on my head. I smile adjusting it a little he smiles putting his hand gun in his holster. I stand up and stretch sighing happily.

Carl grabs my hand as we walk out I see Beth holding Judith with Kasiaya making silly faces at Judith. Annie's next to them using the crayons I got her simile walking over to her. "Hey kiddo" I say ruffling her hair she gives me a playful glare while she fixes her hair.

"You like the crayons" I ask she nods "they blend well together" she answers I nod. "Whatchya makin now" I ask she quickly shuts her drawing book. "No your not aloud to see it" she says I hold my hands up in surrender. "Ok ok sorry" I say she giggles a little making me smile.