Chapter 66:One way out

I watch in horror as walkers start flooding into Alexandria.

"T-tony," I choke out before running off the porch.

I heard Kasiaya yell my name but I couldn't stop, not until I felt the burning sensation in my lower stomach, my stitches.

I hiss in pain and stop grabbing my stomach with one hand.

"Cass go!" I hear someone yell. I look up and see Carl coming towards me.

He and Kasiaya come to my aid, Kasiaya shoots any walkers that get close to us while Carl takes one of my hands and puts it around his neck while he wraps his around my waist to hold me up.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He exclaims.

"My sister and son are out here, I have to get to them!" I hiss at him.

"Can you run?" He asks ignoring my small outburst.

"I can barely walk," I say as he rushes us away from the walkers with Kasiaya following us.

"Okay, just keep going," he says.

"Where?" I shout over the walkers' growls and groans.

"There's my dad," Carl points towards Rick who was helping Deanna.

We join Rick and Deanna. Michonne, Gaberial, Ethan, and Ron followed us.

Deanna held her gun out while Michonne killed walkers with her katana and Kasiaya killed walkers with her machete.

A group of walkers appeared in front of us blocking our path almost completely.

"Shit." Michonne cursed holding her katana close, shots were fired and the walkers dropped revealing Jessie.

"Come on, I have the kids!" She shouted turning around to run to her house, we followed closely behind.

Rick and Michonne ran upstairs with Deanna to treat her wounds. I push away from Carl wobbling slightly.

"Where's Tony?" I whisper yell.

Jessie points upstairs and l rush up the stairs, I find the room where Judith and Tony are, sleeping.

I let out a breath of relief putting a hand over my chest.

"They're okay," I whisper sitting on the bed and running my hair through Tony's soft brown curly hair.

The walkers' growls get louder causing Judith to wake up and whimper slightly before she starts crying.

Tony wakes up too and frowns.

A loud bang from downstairs is heard causing him to jump.

"Mama, what dat?" He whimpers.

"It's okay, everything's okay," I hush the two toddlers.

Nothing is okay.

I eventually get them to calm down and they start playing with some toys.

I leave the room and shut the door feeling tears brim at my eyes. None of this was okay. None of it at all.

"Hey, are you okay?" I look up and am met with Ethan standing on the top step of the stairs.

My jaw clenches and I wipe my tears away "I told you to stay away from me," I hiss going to walk passed him.

He steps in my way and this was the first time I've seen him up close in a few days.

His nose was swollen and under his eyes was a dark purplish-blue color.

Someone broke his nose.

"Carl." He answers the unasked question.