Chapter 14:A well and Barn

Few weeks later.
Cassandra's POV
I'm in the house minding my own business just reading a book. Yeah never thought I would be in this normal of a state but I am it scares me a little to be honest. I finish the chapter I'm on in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban".

Yeah I know were 3 mouths into the apocalypse and I'm reading a Harry Potter.

It's not bad I close the book and put it back in its spot on the bookshelf. I stretch then walk outside.

I bump into someone "Sorry," I mumble not know who it was.

I look up and see Shane he has a scowl on his face but quickly replaces it with a smile.

"Cassandra just the person I was looking for," he says I look at him confused.

"You where looking for me?" I question he nods.

"Did you hit your head?" I ask.

He chuckles but it doesn't sound right more like he forced it "No I just need your help with something," he says.

I raise my eyebrow "Look I know I've been an asshole to you but I know how much you've been wanting to help so I just wanted to cheer you up," he smiles.

"But of course if you don't want to you don't have to." he says walking away.

I don't know what I was thinking.

"Wait!" I shout to him he turns his head towards me.

"What do I need to do?" I ask he smiles.

"We just need help getting a walker out of one of the wells" he says.

"Oh okay," I say.

"You wanna help?" he asks I nod and he smiles.

He leads me to the well and Carl run into us "What are you guys doing?" he ask.

"Going to get a walker out of the well," I explain.

"Can I help?" he asks. Shane nods and he smiles. We get to the well and look down in it the walker is huge. It looks up and reaches for us it smells terrible.

"What exactly do I need to do?" I ask.

"You're light so where gonna use a rope to lower you down there you put the rope around the walker then we all pull it out," Andrea explains.

Carl looks a little against it "Wait your gonna lower her down there with the walker?" he asks in disbelief.

"Isn't that dangerous, she could get hurt." Carl argues.

"Let me go," he suggest.

"No your mom and dad won't allow it and she knows how dangerous it is," Shane says.

Carl shakes his head "I'm not allowing you to go down there." he mumbles to me.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," I reply waking over to T-dog who has the rope. He ties it around my waist careful of the bullet wound.

I hop up on the well everyone is holding the rope tightly. "Remember just tell us if you want to back out," Andrea says.

I nod and Carl shakes his head "I'll be fine," I mouth to him I slowly lower myself into the well.

"Lower," Maggie says who is directing the ones with the rope. I hear something snap and them I'm rushed down I grab the side of the well the walker is trying to grab my feet.

"Cassandra!" I hear Carl yell

"Damnit guys what the hells going on?" I yell I quickly put the rope around the walker somehow without it getting me.