Chapter 53:Safe Zone

Sorry for the long wait:( hope u guys enjoy the chapter.

I'm jumping to where they get to Alexandria cuz I wrote the chapter but my phone deleted it and I'm not rewriting it.
So a little summary~
Rick sends a group of people out to look for Aaron's car and Eric's RV while everyone else pairs up and looks around the barn for hiding spots and any damage the storm caused.

Annie and Kasiaya pair up and Annie confides to Kasiaya. She tells her that in a way she feels trapped. She thinks that Cassandra and her aren't as close as they used to be and that nobody listens to her. Kasiaya can't help but feel bad for Annie and tries to assure her that Cassandra is just busy and still cares very much for her. Kasiaya also tells Annie that if she needs anything all she has to do is come to her.

While Kasiaya and Annie are partners, Carl amd Cassandra pair up. Cassandra tells Carl how she doesn't believe nor trust Aaron, Carl tries to convince her to give him acahnce, telling her that Annie, Tony, and Jusity deserve a safe place. Cassandra aggressive with him bit tells him that if something were to happen she would do anything in her power to protect the them. Even if that means killing.

Rick, Michonne, Glenn and Aaron drive acar that leads an RV, they get separated. The RV pulls outside a building everyone goes inside and awaits Rick's return. They eventually get there, Arrron rushes to Eric's aid. They spend the night there with thepla to continue there journey in the morning.

The chapter ends with the group sitting outside Alexandria.

The RV stops a few feet away from a gate and metal walls.

This was really happening.

My eyes travel to the sign on one of the walls next to the gate.

Welcome to the
Alexandria
Safe zone

Mercy for the lost
Vengeance for the plunderers

Safe zone. That felt weird saying it felt like nowhere was truly safe anymore because it wasn't.

We all walk out of the RV slowly keeping our weapons drawn, now standing in front of the giant gate. I hold onto Tony a little tighter and move closer to Annie, tightening my grip on my handgun.

The sound of screeching metal was heard as the giant gate in front of us opened. I could see a whole neighborhood from behind it. The neighborhood looked so normal as if a walker had never even touched a blade of grass in there.

A man with short curly brown hair peaks his head through the opening of the gate. He scans over us an uncomfortable look on his face as he looks at all the weapons we had, which was a lot.

Aaron tried to convince us to come in as if we were stray dogs and he had a piece of meat. A noise from a nearby trash can startled all of us. On extinct we all pointed our weapons at it. Daryl was the first to fire.

We watch as a possum drops dead as his arrow hits it. Daryl walks over to it and picks it up walking back over to us.

Aaron and the other man watch with a weird expression on their face.