Chapter 4:Best Friends

Cassandra's POV
It's dinner time and everyone sitting around a fire I'm sitting next to Rick and Annie.

Annie is laying her head on my shoulder while I have my arm around her while Rick is telling everyone his story.

He finishes and everyone turns to me and Annie. Annie hides her face a little.

"What's your story?" the girl whose name I learned was Sofia asks.

I shrugged my shoulders "At the beginning we were staying with a friend but after 2 days we left and went for Atlanta Annette saw Sheriff and Glenn helped all of us get out and now we're here." I finish my story.

"How old are you guys?" Sofia asks.

"I'm 14 and Annette's 7," I say Sofia smiles.

"Me and Carl are 14 too," she points to herself and Rick's son he gives me a half smile and I do the same.

"What are we gonna tell Daryl?" Andrea asks.

"Who's Daryl" Annie asks.

"Merle's brother, " Carl says.

I frown "We tell him exactly what happened" I suggest.

"I should be the one to tell him I was the one to drop the key," T-Dog speaks up.

"No offense but it might sound better coming from a white guy." Glenn shrugs.

T-Dog nods in understanding "I'll tell him I was the one who handcuffed him." Rick says.

"Okay well, it's late best be going to bed." Dale the oldest of the group says.

Everyone starts standing up getting ready to hit the hay. Me and Annie stay sitting down "Where do we sleep?" Annie mumbles to me.

I shrug I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn to see Jacqui.

"I have some extra room," she says smiling.

"Are you sure?" I ask she nods.

She holds her hand out for Annie to take and Annie shyly takes it. I grab mine and her bags and follow them to Jacqui's tent.

I hear someone clear their throat and turn around to see no other than Carl.

"Hi," he starts.

"Hey," I answer we both stay quiet.

"Um, do you have anything to do tomorrow?" Carl asks scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

I shake my head "No I don't think so," I shrug he smiles.

"Great then do you wanna go to the woods with me and Sofia tomorrow?"

He asks "Uh, I don't know I wanna try to keep an eye on Annette" I answer.

"Oh of course," he mumbles trying to hide his disappointment.

"Well then um, good night," he says.

"Night" I hum walking away.

That was weird.

I think to myself.

I walk into the tent and see Jacqui tucking Annie into a sleeping bag. She kisses her on her head and then goes to her sleeping bag. I put my sleeping bag close to Annie and fell asleep quickly.

Annette's Dream
I'm running through the woods undead following me "CASSIE?!" I scream no reply.

"C-CASSIE PLEASE WHERE ARE YOU!?" again no reply a tiny shed appears in front of me and I open it.