Chapter 33:Tony

Cassandra's POV
Children screaming and gunfire something I didn't think I would hear for a while but that's how I wake up today.

"CASSIE HELP" I hear Annie scream my eyes shoot open and I rush off my bed grabbing my knife and revolver as quick as I can as I dash to block D.

I quickly get there seeing walkers eating people and people running. I rush in stabbing and killing as many as I can. Some others coming to help me "ANNETTE" I scream driving my knife into a walkers skull.

"HELP" I hear her scream back I look towards the noise and see Annette with Tony my friend Sarah's year old baby in a corner a walker closing in on them. I quickly shoot it in the head and rush over to them. Tony is crying and so is Annie fear it's written on both their faces. I give Annie my gun and pick Tony up.

My eyes land on an empty cell "there!" I yell over the screams. Annie leads us there and enters the cell I put Tony down in a box full of blankets "Annie stay here keep my gun and keep him safe no arguing" I say pointing to Tony before closing the cell door behind me.

Almost immediately a walker grabs ahold of me making me trip. "CASSIE NO" I hear Annie scream the walker knocked my knife out of my hand. Im holding its head away from mine by its hair but it's slowly over powering me.

Just as it about to take a chunk off my neck an arrow goes through its head. The walker falls limp and it's blood all over my face I look up and see Daryl holding his hand out to me I take it and nod in thanks.

Soon all the walkers are dead and its quiet the only noise Annie and Tony sobbing quietly. I open the cell door and Annette runs to me wrapping me in a hug. "Shh shh I'm ok it's over now" I say softly she starts crying harder and soon starts hyperventilating.

I bend down to her level "Annette look a me don't look at anything else count the marbles with me" I say she nods. "1 2 3 4.." I start counting and she finishes counting all the way to 15.

I smile "good job" I say I look at the baby in the box looking at me. I quickly pick him up and start shushing him "let's go find you mommy ok" I say softly Daryl looks at me "you got em" he says I nod "yeah do you know where Sarah is" I ask he shakes his head.

"Ok I'll find her" I say I grab Annie's hand and we walk out of the cell. "Did you see Sarah earlier" I ask Annie shakes her head I nod . We start walking passed cells "T-tony " I hear someone whisper from inside a cell.

My head snaps in that direction and I walk into it and see Sarah with a bit mark on her leg is on the bed quietly crying saying Tony over and over again. I quickly rush to her "Sarah I have Tony he's safe dont worry" I say holding Tony out so she can see him.

Sarah smiles weakly and nods "ok we're gonna have to amputate your leg ok don't worry" I say giving Tony to Annie grabbing a belt I start putting the belt above her bite mark Sarah shakes her head putting a hand on mine.

"You can't" she says "why" I ask she slowly starts lifting her shirt up just below her ribcage. On her stomach was a bite mark a tear escapes my eye "I need you to do something" Sarah asks softly.

I kneel to her level and grab her hand I nod she smiles lightly "i-ive seen how you are with Tony and he has no one else" Sarah says her voice slowly breaking. "Please take care of my boy he won't survive on his own" she says a sob escaping though her lips.

Tears are streaming down my face "of course" I say she smiles a little."Can I see him one last time" she asks I nod grabbing him from Annie gently placing him in Sarah's arms.

She kisses his head and starts crying again she presses her lips to his forehead before giving him to me again. "I'm ready" she says closing her eyes I bit my bottom lip trying not to cry more. "I-i don't want you to see this" I mumble to Annie she nods and walks out with Tony.