Chapter 16:Guy in the Barn

"Cassandra! Cassandra wake up!" I slowly open my eyes with my side killing me and a panicked Lori.

Her face floods with relif "Oh thank god," she says I smile weakly.

"Are you hurt?" she asks I look over my body and see a couple of little pieces of glass sticking out of my left shoulder.

"Just my shoulder but I'll live." I says she nods we slowly but surely crawl through our windows she comes over to me.

She sees me my shoulder "It's not that bad," I say.

She shakes her had "I'm so sorry," she apologizes.

"No, don't be the important thing is you and the baby are safe." I say smiling she smiles to.

"Alright what we doing now?" I ask she shruggs.

"We could keep going," she says I nod.

"Then we'll keep going," I say.

"But you need Hershel," she says jestering to my shoulder.

"Ok fine we'll go back," I say she smiles and we start walking back.

Carl's POV
"Carl," I look up and see Shane I frown

"Have you seen your mom?" he asks.

I shake my head "Not for at least 30 minutes," I say.

"And your not worried?" he asks I shake my head.

"Trust me my mom can handle herself," I say.

"Well in her condition she's a little more vulnerable don't ya think," he says.

I squint my eyes "What do you mean her condition?" I ask.

Shane's eyes widen "Oh shit you didn't know," he mumbles.

"Nevermind," he mumbles walking away I quickly get up and stat following him.

"Shane what do you mean by her condition?" I ask he doesn't say anything.

"Shane is she sick? Is there something wrong?" I ask getting angry and scared.

He groans "It's none of your concern," he hisses.

"Like hell it isn't she's my mom," I say he stops and turns towards me.

"She's pregnant with my child" he blurts out. A lump forms in my throat.

His child?

How?

When?

I think "It was at the quarrel when we thought Rick was dead," he says he said my dad's name as if it tasted sour on his tongue.

Carol comes rushing in breaking the silence "Shane, I know where Lori is." she says.

He looks at her frantically "Where?" he asks.

"Her and Cassandra went to go find the guys," she says he groans.

"I told her to stay here," he grumbles.

"Wait Cassandra's with her?" I ask she nods. Shane walks out of the house with my hot on his trail.

"Go back to the house," he says I scoff.

"No that's my mother and I'm going to make sure she's okay" I say.

He rolls his eyes "I'm going that's final," I say getting in the car he gets in slamming the door. He starts the car still grumbling to himself.

Cassandra's POV
The walker slumps to Lori's feet as she pulls her knife out of its skull. "It's gonna get dark soon we should hurry," she says I nod and we continue walking back.