Chapter 63:Wolf Attack

I freeze as I watch the horror in front of me unfold.

The screams of innocent people was deafening, I flinch when I hear a high pitched child-like one.

I don't know how me and Carl didn't hear all of this when we were inside the house, it amazed me I didn't hear this until I stopped running, what amazed me more is that nobody's killed me yet.

There were limbs of the Alexandrians being burned. These people were sick.

Burning bodies and chopping them up to little peices, like they bodies were animals and not people.

I dash behind a house and crouch down.

"Think dumbass think!" I hiss at myself.

My stomach turns upside down. I left Tony, Carl, Annie, and Judith at the house. With no protection.

I was thankful now that I always kept a knife under the pant leg of my pants.

I pull it out and stay crouched as I run behind the houses.

I eventually make it back to the house. I quietly open and close the back door and walk in my knife raised.

"Oh thank god," I hear someone sigh before I'm pulled into a bone crushing.

It didn't take me long to realise it was Carl.

I hug him back and my eyes land on Enid, she was watching us hug and was holding a gun. I pull away "Where's the kids?" I ask.

"In the living room," Carl says.

"Cassie!" Annie runs to me.

I hug her and sigh "Here," Carl says holding out a gun.

I take it, "Okay, I've gotta go to the armory, now." I say.

"Keep the kids safe," I tell Carl walking over to the door I came in from.

"You can't just go, it's dangerous," Carl argues.

"Listen, these people only have machetes, axes, and knives. If the get ahold of our guns it'll get so much worse." I say.

"I love you," I say looking at Annie before running out of the house.

I start ducking behind houses shooting any people that aren't ours.

I hear someone growl and gasp as I'm tackled.

My gun gets knocked out of my hand as I wrestle with the person on the floor.

It was a man, he had a 'W' carved into his forehead and a crazed look in his eye.

He straddles my legs making it impossible to move my legs.

He was breathing heavily pushing a knife towards my chest. It took both of my hands to keep it away from me.

Slowly he starts overpowering me as the tip of the blade breaks skin.

The man leans his face close to mine "Just let go," he whispers.

I grit my teeth and headbutt him in the mouth as hard as I can.

He groans and I use this as my time to turn us over.

It takes every muscle in my body to do this.

The knife falls out of both of our reach, and I wrap my hands around his neck tightly.

He laughs darkly and I feel a sharp pain in my side.

I gasp my body falling over.

He had another knife.