Chapter 54: Almost like a dream

I grab the towel I used for my body and start to dry my hair. I knew I wouldn't be able to get it completely dry but I at least wanted it dry enough to where it wouldn't soak the back of my shirt.

After brushing my teeth with the toothbrush and toothpaste given to me I pick up my dirty clothes and shoes not sure where to put them.

I open the door and am greeted with an eager-looking Annie She giggles running pasted me and quickly shutting the bathroom door. I smiled happy that she was that happy.

I hear footsteps and look up to see Carl only he was showered and dressed in new clothes. "There was another shower in the master bedroom," he explains. I nod and he looks down at my hands. With the dirty clothes and shoes in them.

"There's an empty room right there," he says pointing to a closed door. I nod giving him a small thank you before going to the room he pointed to.

I open the door and am met with a decent-sized room. It has a made bed, dresser, and a bedside table.

"Damn," I mutter quietly to myself. I walk further into the room, and a hamper near the corner of one of the rooms catches my eye. I throw my dirty clothes in it and toss my shoes next to it.

I look around the room again amazed at how it looked. Not even my home before the apocalypse was as good as this, as depressing as that sounded. My eyes travel to the very soft-looking bed.

A bed. Not the ground under a tree, not the backseat of a car, or one of the thin mattresses back at the prison a real bed. I sit on the bed and can't help but bounce a little a childish giggle leaving my mouth "It's cool isn't it?" I look up to see Carl staring at me with a small smile.

I nod "It's almost like a dream," I say honestly he nods and comes to sit next to me.

The bed dips where he sits and I let out a contented sigh leaving my head against his shoulder. "This feels unreal" I mutter he nods in agreement laying his head against mine.

"Oh shit, I still have to give Tony a bath," I say getting up. Carl's hands pull me back down gently.

"No you lay down, you need rest I'll give him a bath," he says standing up and situating my body so I lay longways.

I look at him with uncertainty "Carl do you know how to do that?" I question he scoffs.

"Yea it's easy, babe just relax I got it," He says reassuringly.

I hum "Just come get me if you need help okay?" I say he smiles cupping my cheek with one hand.

"Yeah I will, now sleep," he says kissing my forehead I smile as he pulls away.

"I love you," I mumble as he walks to the door.

"I love you too," he says before closing the door.

I close my eyes thinking about how amazing and unreal this is. Part of me thinks I'm dreaming, the other is hoping that this isn't a dream.
_

_

I'm woken up by someone pulling hair. I open my eyes and see Tony looking up at me while yanking my hair.

"Mama awake?" He whispers.

I grin and nod "Yes, I'm awake."

He giggles and I look down at him, he was clean with new clothes on that fit him perfectly. Carl must've put him in here with me after his bath. I sit up and so does Tony.

I stretch and yawn feeling much better after my nap. I stood up and noticed the room was darker than the last time I looked at it, so I must've been asleep for at least a few hours.