Chapter 38:You're ok

Carl's POV
Last night somehow I got dad back on the coach and somehow fell asleep. Now its morning I start looking around remembering what happened last night. I get up and grab the bag with our food I pull out a bag of cereal.

I make two bowls and walk back over to dad I finish the cereal quickly and walk out to get the second bowl. I start eating the second bowl deciding my dad probably isn't gonna get up for a while but today I need to go on a run get some food.

Dad's breathing gets heavy and I rush over to him I put my hand on his head. It's burning hot I grab a rag from the kitchen putting the tiniest bit of water on it. I place in gently on dad's head "mom used to do this to me when I was sick" I mumble to him.

He stays motionless his breathing slowing again I sigh standing up. "Dad" I say kicking the couch lightly "Dad wake up" I say kicking the couch harder. "You need to wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" I start screaming.

Growls and thuds at the door make me jump I turn towards it and sigh. Great going Carl just go screaming around the whole neighborhood why don't ya. I grab my gun and knife walking out the back door.

I peak my head around the corner seeing two walkers banging on it.

I walk up behind them and hold my gun up they don't notice me I think for a minute. I decide that it would be better to just lead them away from the house then kill them so i dont attract more walkers to the house.

I check to make sure there are no more walkers around "Hey you!" I shout to them. "Fresh meat right here come and get it" I say they turn around and start stumbling towards me. I start walking backwards making sure my eyes stay on the walkers checking behind me so I don't run into anything.

"Let's take a walk" I say turning left their eyes are fixed on me and their arms reaching out. "That's right" I say turning another corner "keep comin".

"Just a little further come on" I say looking behind me for a minute I see a tree brach stepping over it before looking at the walkers again. I hear another growl coming from behind me I quickly turn and see a walker nor even a foot away. My eyes go wide "oh shit" I mumble I hold my arms out just in time so the walker doesn't grab me.

I start struggling to get it off me my feet starting to slip under me. I fall over and frantically try to back away from the walkers as quick as I can. One starts getting to close so I kick it my gun still in hand.

The one I kick falls over and I scramble to sit up another walker starts getting close I quickly shoot it. It's body falling limp ontop of me another one bends down to get me and I shoot again. It doing the same as the other one.

It's upper body blocking my view from the 3rd walker I quickly rush to get it off me before the 3rd walker starts coming my way. It takes me 3 shots to get it down the first one going in its shoulder 2nd in its neck and the 3rd through its head.

I lay my head back on the ground breathing heavily closing my eyes. When I open them I see on the top of the 3rd walkers head I a wound filled with maggots. I scramble out from under the bodies standing up the smell of the dead and what was on the 3rd walkers head making me throw up the little i had in my stomach.

I look back at the walkers "I win" I mumble

Cassandra's POV
5 gunshots just rang I look at Kasiaya "we should go" I say pointing to where the gunshots were heard. She looked at me as if I had 3 heads "why would we do that" she asks.

"Because the person could be in trouble" I say she sighs looking towards where the gunshots where had then at me. "Fine but the first sign of danger we see we run even if it's in opposite directions" she says I nod in agreement before we start running towards the gunshots.