Chapter 23:Baby's Coming

Cassandra's POV
We found crutches for Hershel, I heard he stopped breathing and Lori had to preform CPR. Luckily she saved him and he was ready to start walking I watch as Maggie, Beth, and Lori all help Hershel off the bed and stood him up.

Next day

"You good Hershel" Lori asks making sure he wouldn't fall down. He nods and uses the crutches to take a few steps forward. Lori suggested he rest some more but he wasn't very fond of that idea. "Let's go for a stroll" he smiles we smile along with him.

I open the door to the courtyard everyone else was already outside. Maggie and Beth help Hershel down the stairs before letting him go off on his own. Carl comes up and wraps his as around my waist I jump a little not expecting him and he chuckles.

"Hey scaredy Cat" Carl says "I'm not a scaredy cat you just spooked me there's a difference" I say. "Right like there's a difference between history and social studies" he says "those are the exact same things" I say "exactly" he says with a smile. "You ready to race Hershel" Carl says smirking at Hershel.

"Give me another day then I'll take you on" Hershel laughs "I believe that" I smile. "Alright Hershel" Glenn cheers from across the field Daryl quickly shushes him as his cheers were attracting walkers. We all stood letting the sun hit our faces today was going amazing so far but then Annie yells something that ruins it.

"Walkers!" Annie yells we turn around and see walkers coming straight for us. How the hell did the gate get back open?! People start shooting walkers Rick and Glenn were yelling in the distance I look around frantically "Annie!" I scream looking around for her.

I feel Carl pulling me towards him "no wheres Annie I'm not leaving without Annie" I say frantically. "Beth got her and Hershel to safety we have to go now" Carl says pulling on my arm. I let him lead me away this time me, him, Maggie, and Lori run to the door.

Alarms start blaring as we run through the empty tombs when Lori stops and grabs onto her stomach. "Lori? Lori what's wrong?!" I ask she has panick covering her face. "T-the baby" she whispers my heart drops we hear distant groans and look around.

Carl finds a room and we all pile into it Lori's breathing picks up as she holds her stomach in pain. Carl looks at his mother in worry.

Maggie gets Lori laying down to deliver the baby but Lori wasn't able to push it out it was in the wrong position. Maggie was gonna have to preform a C-section which would most definitely kill Lori. It was either her or the baby and she chose the baby

"I-i can't" Maggie sobs she would have to preform the C-section "yes you can you have to please save my baby" Lori breaths out. Carl starts crying he knew he was gonna loose his mom.

"Carl" Lori says looking at Carl "baby I don't want you to be scared ok? This is what I want, this is what I want okay this is what I want this, this is right. Now you take care of you daddy for me alright and your little brother or sister you take care of you-" Carl cuts her off "you don't have to do this" he says his voice breaking.

"You're gonna be fine you are gonna beat this world I know you will you are smart and you are strong and you are so brave and I love you" Lori says with tears in her eyes. "I love you too" Carl chokes out "you gotta do what's right baby. You promise me you'll always do what's right it's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So if it feels wrong don't do it all right, if it feels easy don't do it don't let the world spoil you."

Lori smils up at Carl and rubs his tears away "you're so good oh my sweet boy the best thing I ever did i love you" Lori sobs pulling Carl into a hug. They pull away after a moment and Lori looks at me "your such an amazing girl my son was lucky to find you I was lucky to meet you. Your gonna be a mother of your own family one day and don't ever forget family comes first over everything all right. I know I haven't been the best to you I'm so sorry for that but I see now that Carl found a good person and in the future if you guys ever get married just now I'll be looking down cheering for you both and sweet little Annie give her a kiss on the head for me ok" Lori says tears were running down my face as I nod "thank you" I choke out she smiles and looks at Maggie and nods.

Lori sighs "Maggie 1when this is over you have to-" Maggie cuts her off with a faint no and sods "you have to do it. It can't be Rick" Lori says

"All right all right it's all right" Lori breaths out grabbing a hold of Carl's hand. I pull my knife out my hand shaking as I give it to Maggie. "I'm sorry" Maggie mumbles before cutting Lori's stomach.

Lori screams in agony and pain Carl hides his face into my shoulder and starts screaming and crying begging for it to stop. Lori's screams stop "Cassandra I need your help" Maggie says I shake my head "Please if I cut any deeper I'll get the baby" she begs I do what she tells me to do.

"Ok I feel the baby I don't know if this is an arm or leg" Maggie says "ok I'm gonna pull the baby out" she says. She pulls a baby out and stats pressing lightly on its back to make it breath. Carl looks at it I think we are all fearing it's gonna be dead. But then a small whine comes form it Carl jumps a little and starts taking his flannel off.

Maggie wraps the baby in the flannel and starts standing up "we have to go" Maggie says. "Well we can't just leave her here" Carl argues jestering to what used to be Lori while his voice wobbles. "She'll turn" he mumbles Maggie reavhes for her gun in her holster and Carl shakes his head "no" he say a tear running down his face "Carl" I say he shakes his head and pulls out his gun "she's my mom, i have to do it." he says.

I look at Maggie and nod we walk to the top of the steps and I open the door slightly. It looks like the last of the walkers are leaving I shut the door to wait a couple seconds then a gunshot rings out.

I flinch and squeeze my eyes shut I open them and see Carl coming over to us with a blank expression he walks passed us and leaves the room we follow.

We walk out to the courtyard and everyone's eyes roam us. Then veryone looks at the little heap of clothing in Maggies arms the baby cried and everyone was shocked. Rick walked up "w-where is she" he asks we all now what he ment. Maggie starts crying again Carl keeps his eyes glued to the floor and I just stare at Annie.

Rick tries going back from where we came from but Maggie stops him shaking her head. Rick starts sobbing no over and over again, he falls to the ground and starts crying. Annie walks over to me wrapping her arms around me I do the same and close my eyes letting a couple tears fall.

Words 1317
Lori's death made me cry ngl I know a lot of people didn't like her but I honestly did she definitely made some mistakes but everyone makes those RIP Lori.