Chapter 45:The Priest on the Rock

Cassandra's POV
We stopped to rest for a minute and eat. We've been walking for about 30 minutes still on the woods. I'm sitting with Mathew and Carl who is holding Judith while I hold Tony. "So are you two a thing" Mathew asks switching his eyes between me and Carl. I blush a little and nod "how long" he asks "about 2 years" Carl answers.

Mathew nods "don't hurt her boy" he warns pointing a finger at Carl. Carl nods "I won't" he says Mathew smiles Annie comes over with smile sitting next to me. Tony starts moving in my arms whining a little making Judith do the same "I'll go get their bottles" Carl says getting up.

I sit Tony on my left leg and hold out my arm that's not holding Tony to Carl to take Judith. He gives her to me to go grab two bottles for the hungry babies.

"He's a keeper" Mathew nods opening his bag I blush a little and nod. "Y-yeah he is" I stutter quietly Carl comes back over with two bottles he sits back in his spot taking Judith to feed her. He gives me Tony's bottle and I put it to Tony's lips which he gladly takes.

"Let's get going we don't stop again until sundown" Rick says we all get up and start walking once again.

Few hours later
It's dark and we're all sitting around a fire my head on Carl's shoulder. Kasiaya is sitting next to me holding a sleeping Tony she's watching him sleep a smile on her lips. "I can take him if you want" I offer she shakes her head "no I got him" she mumbles "Oh no Kasiaya's gone full aunt mode" Carl jokes. Me and Kasiaya chuckle a little my eyes travel to Mathew and Annette.

Mathew's talking to her about something that makes her giggle "he really does care about you two" Carl mumbles I nod. "Yea he's a good person" I mutter back "how did you guys meet him" Carl asks. "It was in the very beginning same day everything went to shit he helped us" I mumble he nods pulling me closer to himself.

The next day 1:17 pm
We're back to walking in the woods when we hear a noise I pull Annette (who is holding Tony) behind me pulling my gun up along with the others. Daryl walks into view holding some squirrels "we surrender" he says holding up the squirrels.

We put our guns down I chuckle a bit while shaking my head and we all start walking again. Rick and Daryl walk ahead and start talking a few seconds later Rick walks over to us and whistles "keep close" he says.

"Ready to get some concrete under your feet?" Abraham questions "I think it's time" Rick nods. "That is sweet music to my ears officer" Abraham sighs "we'll take the next road we come to try to get back to going north till we find a vehicle" he adds on.

Bob and Sasha start playing their game where Sasha says something negative about the apocalypse and Bob has to find something positive to Sashas answer. They play a little bit more then Bob gives Sasha 2 kisses. Oh did I mention they're dating?

Annie gives Tony to Kasiaya and we hear someone call for help. "Help!" The person yells "Please, anyone! Help" the person yells again it sounds like a man's voice. "Cassie come on" Annie says taking a few steps towards the direction the voice is coming from.

"Come on, come on" she says before running off "Annette!" I whisper shout following her. "Anyone help!" The voice screams a man on top of a rock comes in view the rock is surrounded by at most 5 walkers. I pull Annie out of the way and walk over to the rock the walkers haven't seen me neither has the man as he is still screaming for help.

I take my knife shoving it into a walkers head signaling the others that I'm there. The others come over and help me and in a matter of seconds all the walkers are down.  The man is still on the rock a terrified look on his face and shaking.

"We're clear, keep watch" Rick tells Abraham and some others. Annie walks up behind me "come on down" Rick tells the man. He slowly starts making his way down I keep my knife up just in case he tries anything stupid.