Chapter 67:Don't Die

Once we made it onto the porch we stood there looking over Alexandria. Walkers covered every inch of the place.

Rick looks at Michonne nodding slowly, she nodded back. We all began holding hands so nobody got lost or left behind.

Carl grabbed ahold of my left hand, my knife clutched in my right. Annie grabbed the sleeve of my flannel because my right hand was unavailable.

I watch as everyone starts holding hands, Carl squeezes my hand gently and I look up at him. We silently tell each other to be careful.

Rick started moving through the walkers, everyone else being pulled along with him.

We moved quietly and swiftly, but not to fast as to not alert the dead around us. We walked down the street until Rick pulled us into a grassy area.

We all crowded around in a small circle still causes of the walkers around us.

"Alright new plan," Rick whispers, "Flares from a few guns isn't gonna be enough. To many walkers, to spread out. We're not going to the armory."

I look around keeping a eye out as Carl starts swaying slightly to keep Judith calm.

"We need our vehicles back at the quarry. All of us drive, we'll need to round them up. We leave, we come back." There was a moment of silence as everyone thought of the plan, it seemed good enough to work.

"Okay," Jessie agreed.

"Will Judy and Tony make it to the quarry and back?" I mumble.

Rick wiped sweat from his forehead relizing that would be some type of challenge.

"I'll take them," Gaberial speaks up, "I'll keep them safe in my church until you all lead the walkers away."

I frown having my doubts, Michonne turns to look at him.

"Can you do this?" She asks.

"I'm supposed to, I have to." He turns to Rick "I will." I glance at Rick and he gives me a nod.

"Annie goes with," I decide.

"What no, I don't want to," she argues.

"It's not up for debate, I need you to help keep them safe." I tell her.

She huffs and nods.

It wasn't that I didn't trust Gaberial, it was just the fact he barely knew how to use a weapon.

Carl walked over to Gaberial, Rick stood in front of them so they could safely transfer Judith over.

Gaberial bounced her slightly as she started to whimper.

I nudge Annie and she huffs walking over to Gaberial to stand next to him.

"Take Sam," Jessie states.

"No," Sam refused shaking his head.

"Yes Sam it'll be safer," Jessie insists.

"I'm not leaving you. I'm not." Sam says "I can keep going."

"Sam-"

"I can keep going, please" Sam begs.

Jessie nodded agreeing. They knew they didn't have time to argue.

Rick turned to Gaberial.

"I'm going to keep them safe," he assures looking at me and nodding.

"Thank you," Rick says.

I give Gaberial a small smile that quickly disappears as I watch him and Annie walk through the sea of walkers, towards the church.

My heart aches as I hope I made the right decision, I feel Carl squeeze my hand reassuringly.