Chapter 21:Welcome to Prison

6 months later
Cassandra's POV
6 months that's how long we've all been out here food is getting better to find now that springs here but it's still difficult sometimes with the amount of people we need to feed. You could tell Lori was pregnant Hershel said she was due soon. "Cassandra" Carl says I hum he wraps his arms around my waist "I am.... bored" he declares. I chuckle lightly and shrugged "sucks for you," I say.

He huffs and kisses my head oh ya everyone knows we're dating now. Lori was happy so was the group Glenn keeps making jokes but not the good jokes... it's disgusting while Maggie scolds him for it. "Ok me and Daryl's going hunting anyone want to go" Rick announces.

Kasiaya steps up "I'll go," she says Rick nods and she starts getting her weapons. Like I thought Kasiaya was fitting in perfectly. Annie walks over to me "your not going right" she asks I shake my head. "No," I say she smiles "Can we play a game then," she asks Carl, and he nods "I say we play Simon says" he smiles.

Annette chuckles and nods "ok I'm Simon tho," I say Carl frowns "I wanna be Simon" he whines childishly. I roll my eyes playfully "Fine" She says he jumps up like a little kid and cheers. I and Annie stand on the opposite side of Carl and he smiles.

"Simon says spin in a circle," he says we start doing it "Simon says jump up and down," he says quickly we stop and start jumping and he laughs. "I win Simon never said stop spinning," he says "No," Annie says "Yes" Carl answers they start going back and forth.

It was quite entertaining to watch "Fine you win," Annette says throwing her hands up in the air. Carl smiles "Exactly," he says Annie rolls her eyes and I laugh "It's not funny" she grumbles.

2 hours later
Kasiaya, Daryl, and Rick come running over Kasiaya has a big smile on her face. "Guys! You'll never believe what we found" she says enthusiastically. "What is it," Annie asks she smiles "We found-" "A prison it's overrun but we might be able to take it over if we're smart about it," Rick says cutting her off.

Kasiaya frowns and looks at him "I was gonna tell them" she groans. "Sorry" Rick apologized she smiles "Thank you," she says satisfied. "Enough lollygagging Rick tell em the plan" Daryl growls.

"If we can clear out the field today we could stay there then tomorrow clear the rest of the prison," Rick says everyone's considering this thought. "No more walking?" Annie asks Rick smiles at her and nods. She smiles back "We're low on ammo" I remind him he nods.

"Let's see it first," Lori says Rick nods and we follow him to our possible new home.

We're all standing a little bit away from it there are a lot of walkers from what I can see. Everyone was ready for orders but I wasn't 100 percent sure this would be the best decision "Rick that's a lot of walkers" I say scepitecly he nods.

"But think it could bring safety to us and a lot of those walkers are in S.W.A.T. uniforms so this place probably fell early meaning a lot of food and medical supplies," Rick says I feel Carl grab my hand and give it a reassuring squeeze I look at him and he nods.

"Let's go," I say Rick smiles.

Rich uses bolt cutters and cuts the outer fence everyone quickly steps through Annie's glued to my side with a machete. We get through and Rick quickly zip-ties it shut we start walking down the path walkers rushing to the fence when they see us.

We get to the front gate and there's another gate a couple yards away open. "We close that gate to prevent more walkers from getting in the field then take it by dark," Rick says.

"Well, who's gonna shut the gate," Hershel asks "I'll do it and you guys cover for me" Glenn suggests Maggie shakes her head "That's a suicide run," she says. "Well someone has to go," Carol says "I'll go" I step up tieing my hair into a ponytail.