Chapter 61:Meeting

"Pwtty," Jusith says while pointing at the rainbow fish.

"Yes Judy very pretty fish, right Tony?" I ask.

He nods.

I've been with the two toddlers the whole day, reading the books and singing them songs.

Rick was put in another house for the night to "cool things off".

I just finished reading The Rainbow Fish.

It was my favorite children's book of all time.

Carl comes into the room, "Judy wanna go see dada?" He asks his little sister.

Judith squeals with excitement "Dada!" She exclaims scooting to the edge of the bed and holding her hands out for Carl to pick her up.

He chuckles and picks her up carrying her out of the room. "I wove Judy," Tony tells me.

I smile at him "Her my best fwend." He nods.

I loved Judith's and Tony's relationship. Since they were so close in age a year apart- they fought a lot but always ended up giggling and running around together 5 minutes afterward.

"Wanna go see Grandpa Rick?" I ask him.

He nods and I get up grabbing him up as well.

We made our way downstairs where Carl, Kasiaya, Annie, and Michonne were around Rick who was sitting in a chair.

His face was all brushed and swollen with bandages covering the worst of it.

He had Judith in his lap who was babbling nonsense -as she was still learning to talk-.

"Hey Cass, Tony," Rick says resting his hand on his daughter's back to keep her stead on his lap.

I glance at his hand which has a wrap on it.

"Gwandpa Wick!" Tony says I put him down so he can go over to Rick.

I cross my hands over my chest and watch them.

I knew Rick probably didn't know Annie and Tody witnessed everything that happened but I knew deep down he probably would've still beaten the shit out of Pete even if he'd known they were there.

I know Annie has seen worse, there's no doubt on my mind she will see worse in the future but that didn't mean I wanted her to see stuff like that. She was only a child.

For Tony that really was the first act of violence he's seen and has the chance of remembering later in life, it didn't help that he was close with one of the people involved.

"It's your guys' favorite time of the day," Kasiaya says putting her hands together while looking at the little ones.

"Snack time?" Tony asks.

"Nope nap time," Kasiaya says.

"Boo!" Judith says.

"Oh it's not that bad," Kasiaya chuckles.

"Annie, would you help me?" Kasiaya questions, Annie nods as they two grab the littles and take them upstairs.

"What'd Deanna say about the incident?" Carl asks once the kids are out of earshot, I'll fill Kasiaya in later.

"She's holding a meeting tonight, to discuss whether I'm allowed to stay or not," Rick says. "Me and Pete aren't allowed to go."

For obvious reasons.

"I think I'll stay home," Carl says "Take care of Judy."

"I'll go," Michonne says.

Everyone looks at me and I shrug, I didn't want to get involved but I also wanted to know what was happening.