“Who?-“ I followed her line of sight and saw the same men who entered the oldie's warehouse in search of Logan.

“We need to get out of here,” I concluded. Julie must have suffered a lot, as her cries didn’t even stop and her body shivered against mine, making me feel guilty.

“How did you come here?” I asked my mother, and she replied, “Liara’s car.” 

“Whose car?” I asked as I felt I misheard.

“The red one. Liara’s car.” My mom replied I wanted to scream louder when I realized she brought Liara’s Lykan.

“Where is it?” I asked, checking where the Luchelies guys were.

“It’s... It’s. It’s over there.” Julie spoke.

“Where?” 

“That’s my fault. I guess some people saw us coming out of it and they tried to harm the car when we were inside. We wanted to get out of here, but the tires were flat.” 

“Mom! Do you even realize how valuable that car is for Liara?” I exclaimed. I was practically dead meat if she found out that her car was in such terrible shape.

“Can we think of getting out of here first?” My mom threw her hand, frustrated, and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah right. And for the nth time, try to heed someone or at least inform somebody before you do something.” I bit my tongue to control my anger. In the morning, I was in a terrible mood and one by one people kept on spoiling it more. 

“I’m sorry Zearo,” Julie whispered between sobs.

“It’s all my fault.” She mumbled.

“No sweety, you were targeted.” My mom soothed her. I was having a terrible headache already but thankfully found Charles pulling his van in front of the mall. 

“We need to run,” I said to my mother and picked Julie up as she staggered as soon as I tried to break free from her hold.

“One..two..three..” I counted, making sure the Luchellies men were not on our way, and jogged towards the exit, hiding Julie in my arms. My mother held the end of my t-shirt and joined me. Hiding my mom from the Luchellies was my priority because they weren’t aware that she was alive and I needed to keep her safe. It took a few minutes to get out of the ground floor amidst the crowd. We dogged all the people and hid from the group who tried to harm Julie and the Luchellies' men as well.

“Charles,” I called out, heaving due to lack of air.

“Get them inside first.” He barked at me through the window.

“Careful,” I said and placed them both inside the car.

“Take them to the Mansion and please arrange some security for Julie on her way home,” I said to Charles after I shut the door where Julie was.

“First you’ve got to take care of bigger issues.” He shook his head, and I glanced at him, confused. The scorching sun had my intellect in a mess.

“What -“ I asked breathlessly, holding my body beside the van.

“Her...” He nudged me back and started his car, taking them away from me. 

“Who?” I turned around and my brain just fused.

“Liara..” I couldn’t reckon my luck would be this terrible. I glanced at her as she stood near the elevator, unmoving in the penthouse, I suppose. I knew she saw me because our eyes met, but she refused to acknowledge that as I saw her smiling at someone beside her.