Chapter 92

“Julie

“Julie....” I called out as soon as I reached the location she shared a few minutes back. 

“Charles, I asked you to provide security for Julie. How did this happen?” I asked through the phone angrily as I walked inside a Mall. 

“She is one of the suspects in human trafficking after Logan’s interview. We warned her not to go out of the house. I’m sorry, but I can’t help her more than that.” He snapped, disconnecting the call. I ran towards every corner where I thought she would be hiding. 

The shopping mall was huge and considering its upper floors having rooms and a penthouse, the people cooped up on the entire ground floor, making it hard for me to find her. She said she was somewhere nearby, and I searched until I was breathless through the enormous crowd, unable to find her anywhere. 

Dejectedly, I walked near the elevator which was a little vacant to breathe fresh air. Clicking on Julie’s number for the nth time, I waited, expecting her to respond, but it said that it was switched off. I pulled out my cigar and stood near the window to release the tension in my mind. 

“Zearo...” I heard a whisper and turned towards a small corner below the staircase and near the storeroom, where I saw my mother holding Julie. 

“Mom?” I blurted, surprised, throwing away the remnant cigar from my hand into the dustbin hurriedly. 

“What are you doing here?” I inquired and Julie rushed at me, hugging me tighter, and wailed.

“I asked Julie to accompany me to the mall, as I didn’t want to disturb Diya.” My mother said as she slowly stroked Julie’s hair.

“When I was in the changing room, a group of students charged at her, tearing off her dress like this.” My grip around her shoulder tightened as I noticed how her dress was torn around the shoulder and scratch marks on the skin. 

“I tried to break free, but it was not fruitful. That’s the reason we are hiding.” My mom spoke and Julie just kept on crying and damping my t-shirt. 

“We have to complain about this to the management here. This is not the way to maintain decorum. They should take strict action against the people who did this to you.” I gripped my hand around her gown and retorted. 

I felt her shaking her head on my chest and then heard her say meekly, “No, I don’t want to stay here anymore. I want to go home.” 

“How could you ask her to accompany you when both of you were strictly prohibited from getting out of the house?” I glared at my mother, who had an apologetic face.

“I needed a few things and i-“ she stopped.

“What?” I asked.

“They are here. How did they know I was here?” My mother whispered, pointing at someone at the entrance.