chapter fifty-six

~maddy lively~

I stare at myself in the changing room mirror, examining the way my body curves and tightens i look at the shorts hugging my sides and the sports bra keeping my chest intact. my hands are covered in wrap and its tighter then ive ever felt it before.

''you've got this'' a voice says from behind me and i look into the mirror to see deigo stood there. ''thanks'' i say turning around a putting my clothes back in my bag. im still pissed about court and what happened in the gym im still mad about it all but for some reason i cant get over the bright look on his face, like it makes him a million times more happy to see me.

''maddy look im sorry about the gym i was just worked up about everything that's happened in these last few months, i mean i knew being involved with you was trouble but i just didn't think tha-'' before he can finish i scoff, being involved with me is trouble.

''lets remember something here, i never asked to be your friend i didn't ask you to come help me that day you and your boys decided that by yourselves and if anything its both of us that are trouble not just me so save your shit excuses and let me get on with my shit.'' i say tightening the bands on the ends of my braids.

''your so fucking infuriating its unbelievable'' he announces and i laugh. ''the feeling is fucking mutual deigo, you have a good night'' i say signaling for him to leave he stays stood in his spot before finally turning and walking out of the room.

suddenly the crowd erupts into cheers meaning the fight that just happened is over and someone won. meaning im up next. freddie walks into the room and collects his medical bag. ''remember you have prom tomorrow so dont fuck yourself up to much mads'' he says and i push his shoulder slightly laughing.

the crowd chants a number of things and stamps there feet on the floor. ''the wheel is still happening for this fight but i think you should be fine'' he says placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. i nod my head before we make out way through the hallway and into the arena, the crowd jumps and cheers my name and i get that same feeling im gonna win.

we step up to the rope and freddie pulls it up letting me slip inside. i walk around the ring and my eyes spot on my friends. lucas and jay stand next to each other, while damon Lydia and amelia are all on the side. i told amelia not to come tonight because of her recent discovery of being pregnant i dont want her getting shoved or stressed that's not good for her but she insisted on coming saying how much she needs to be there and it will kill her if shes not. very overdramatic.

callum and deigo walk up to them now callum wraps his arms around her resting his hands on her stomach, and deigo just goes and stands by damon and kane.

suddenly boos cascade the room and my eyes snap to the other side of the ring where my component is about to stand. someone walks up the stairs but i cant see there face due to the hood of the robe they are wearing. ''who the fuck is that? '' freddie questions and i shrug, ''i have no idea'' .

the announcer blows up the crowd making them cheer and scream but im just focused on whos standing infront of me. its a man his build shows that maybe about 6ft tall he seems familiar but i cant put my hand on it.

''please give it up for maddy our raining champion'' he yells into the microphone and i walk out smiling at the crowd. i stand back by freddie, ''got any idea who that is'' he ask and i shrug, ''you guess is still as good as mine but i know they are a man'' i say taking off my jacket and handing it to one of Freddie's team members.

''we have a new component tonight, and let me tell you ladies and gentlemen i think we are in for a real treat tonight'' the announcer says ''so please give it up for the masked man'' the crowd cheers and boos him but i look over at my friends and they all are talking until damon locks eyes with me. he nods his head and i copy his actions before i hear the sound of the wheel, spinning and clicking like the sound of a gun being reloaded.