chapter thirty-five

~maddy lively~

I storm out of the room hot tears running down my face, he said he loved me. if he loved me why would he say the things he said why would he has disappeared for weeks on end and then come back to try and blame everything on me.

i walk into my room slamming the door behind me, probably getting the attention of some people downstairs but i dont care. i quickly go into the bathroom locking the door behind me. i get out of the stupid dress that i never wanted to wear anyway and get into the shower letting my body soak in the warmth of the water.

i finish in the shower and get out wrapping a towel around my waist, i grab my phone and see freddie never messaged me back. great. I brush through my hair towel drying in and sticking it up into a ponytail. i get changed into some leggings and a jumper putting a sports bra underneath.

before i can out on my shoes i hear a knock at the door and i freeze, looking at myself in the mirror you can tell ive been crying by the way my eyes are puffy and red in the corners. taking a couple of breaths and composing myself i go over and open the door. oh its just my dad.

as soon as he sees me he sends me a questionable look, ''you missing food, where did you dress go?'' he says motioning to downstairs then back to me. i cant take it anymore, i pull my dad in for a hug wrapping my arms around him, before letting a sob shake my body.shit.

''princess are you ok?'' my dad says worriedly cupping my face while wiping the tears with his thumbs. ''who caused this mads ill kill them i swear i will'' he says pulling me back in for another hug letting the tears and cries just flow. how can i tell him that one of his best friends sons have caused this, you cant stop being pathetic and get a grip maddy lively. i try and push the voice out of my head but it wont go away.

''have you taken your medication recently?'' my dad questions and i pull away looking at him. come to think of it now i haven't taken them for a week or so because i thought they where what was making me feel bad turns out i just had a cold. you cant tell him that he will be mad maddy lie say you have been taking them.

i shake my head, ''..no?..yes?..'' he asks and i just look down. Lie maddy lie it will get you out of trouble ''yes ive been taking them'' i finally say and he nods looking more relived.''if you want to go to sleep that's fine, or you could come down stairs like this its all ok as long as your comfortable'' he says and i nod my head. ''im going to sleep'' i say with absolutely no intention of staying in this house.

''ok i love you'' my dad says kissing my forehead before walking out and closing my door behind me. when i hear the click of the latch on the door, i grab my backpack putting a pair of shorts and a cropped top with clean underwear and a bra in there, i have my fifth fight tomorrow i need to be traning for that not sobbing over boys.

i open my window and slide out making sure to leave it alittle open so i can get back in if i come back tonight. my next fight is a big one, the prize money is 10,000 and i need this money i over heard my dad talking about how the rent is getting harder and harder to play since Aliyah isn't working at this time. so this will really help.

i jump onto the wall and into the driveway getting into my car. hopefully no-one notices me gone, i quickly reverse away from my house heading in the direction of the gym, freddie should be there if hes not im sure the gym will be open. my phone buzzes and i see deigo has tagged me in something on Instagram.

i stop at a red light and open my phone as soon as i see the picture a smile falls on my face. its a photo of me and him last year, i was on his back and it was snowing. damon took the photo. i quickly send him a heart and close my phone as the light has turned green.