chapter eighteen ~

~maddy lively~

~flashback~

Ive been in here for what feels like forever now. my ribs feel like they are being ripped out of my chest and my throat feels like sand paper. my hands are bruised and bloody from either getting into fights or punching the cell walls.

i refuse to let my guard down in here, all i have learnt is that there are some people who have been failed by the justice system and some others who have gotten exactly what they deserver. take my roommate Jules for example.

we have become closer now shes probably the only thing keeping me sane right now. she explained that her mother is the person she killed, she explained the abuse not only physical but mentally aswell. she explained how her dad passed when she was younger and how her mom would always leave her alone to fend for herself.

her older sister tried the best she could but there's only so much you can do when your young yourself. we made this fantasy that when we get out of here and after shes finished doing her time, we would find each other maybe catch up and then she would come live with me and have her dream life of being a chef in a little restaurant and owning about three dogs.

im very happy with that dream i love dogs.

we are getting escorted back to our cells now ready for the deep dark depths of the night. im not excited at all.

~present day~

i get into my car and drive to the location deigo text me saying he needs me to meet him so that's what im doing. ive had some missed calls of everyone and missed messages of some, jay and my dad have gone on a business trip so they will be gone for the week.

my car passes through the green light as i enter my old neighborhood, im instantly hit with a feeling of nostalgia and flashbacks of all the good and bad times ive had here, i park my car in the parking lot and get out.

i walk over to the club and open the door pulling it open. i hear the sweeping of a broom and the sound a punching bag makes when its being hit with force. god ive missed these sounds. ''mads'' someone says in a questionable tone and i look back to see Freddie my old trainer.

i smile lightly and run to hug him. ''is this really you or do my eyes deceive me?'' he questions and i laugh ''yes fred its really me'' he smiles and i take a look around nope nothing has changed. the floors still creak and crack under your feet. the posters on the walls still have rips in paint is falling off the wall exposing its natural colour.

''you seen deigo?'' i question realizing he wanted me to meet him here but hes nowhere to be seen. he just shakes his head and laughs. ''he didn't tell you did he?'' he questions and i just raise an eye-brow for gods sake what did he tell me.

''he told me you was getting into the fighting business again and he asked me to be your trainer again, obviously i agreed but he forgot to mention that he didn't tell you'' Freddie says and i just stare around me.

to make my friends lives easier

i remind myself. why i am doing this. ''shall we get started'' Freddie says walking over to the changing room. ''we still have some of your stuff here dont worry its all washed and cleaned'' he reassures me. i walk over to my old locker putting the same code in and the latch comes off with a pop.

i pull out my old shorts and sports bra that i would always wear. my hand wraps and gloves are placed in the compartment at the side even though ive never used the gloves in my life, we still have to have them there for show i guess.

Freddie said hes going to get ready while i change. i slip on my shorts and sports bra feeling the tight material of my top making my chest cozy and the shorts still fit perfectly on my legs. i warp my hands with the black rope and hum at the feeling of the pressure around my knuckles. perfect.