chapter fifty-five

~maddy lively~

Its just my luck that i have my fight before prom day, the fight is at ten today and then tomorrow is prom. i grab my stuff and get out of my car heading for the gym, freddie messaged me saying deigo has been showing up more and more for classes and its nice to see hes getting back into his game.

the door clicks as it shuts behind me, ''hey'' some girl says walking by me and offering me her fist i connect mine with hers and carry on walking. straight to the office. ''hey fred'' i say making him look up from his pot of noodles, its ten in the morning and hes eating noodles.

''dont judge i can feel it, i didn't get to eat anything yesterday'' he says giving me a warning glare. ''i wasn't judging'' i really was, he rolls his eyes and carries on eating. ''who am i fighting tonight?'' i question realizing i actually dont know who im stepping in the ring with. im not supposed to know who it is anyway but freddie usually looks into the backstory of who it is so he knows how to train me properly.

''i haven't been given much detail this time'' he admits and i sigh ok well i guess im freestyling it. ''can i go start now or do you want me to wait for you to stop scoffing your face with plain ass noodles'' i question and he waves his hand in the air signaling for me to go, once im out the door i hear him shout. ''and wrap your hands maddy'' i laugh slightly walking over to the bench. i take off my sweater leaving me in my sports bra. walking over to my locker i pull out my wraps and start covering my hands.

the door opens to the locker room and i look in the mirror of my locker to see the hallway empty. i look down concentrating on the feeling in my stomach nerves, excitement, dread, and all of the above, after what happened at my moms house which i told no one about because i didn't want people to know that my mothers death is actually bothering me still after a month.

footsteps sound behind me and i spin around, but im yet again im faced with nothing, no one is there the floor isn't wet so no one has been in the shower and those sounded like man footsteps. ''hello'' i call out into the room but no one answers. i turn around and close my locker quickly wanting to just get today over with.

i walk out of the room, until my body crashes with someone. it knocks me back alittle but i keep myself steady. i just up to see the familiar tall boy looking at me. ''deigo?'' i question and he just smiles. ''you ready for tonight everyone here is raving about it apparently its going to be a big one'' he says and i just smile, ''of course im ready i always am you know me'' i tell him not wanting to admit that every little thing is freaking me out at the moment.

''while ive ran into you could you help me with something?'' he questions and i nod my head i follow him as he leads us over to the boxing ring, lifting the ropes for me to climb in i get in and start walking around the ring ''what do you need help with?'' i question and he smiles. ''i was wondering if you could teach me a few things'' he admits and i raise an eyebrow in question, ''what kind of things?'' suddenly he charges at me i quickly move out of the way before he can collide me back into the ropes.

''what the fuck deigo?'' i question keeping my guard up this time, ''freddie asked if me and you could spar and i knew you wouldn't willingly get in here if i told you that so i had to come up with some kind of bullshit excuse'' he taunts and i just shake my head. ''im not fighting you deigo'' i say walking over to the edge of the ropes ''well how does it feel?'' he questions and i turn to him with a straight face. ''how does what feel?'' i ask wanting to know what hes on about, suddenly a smirk plasters itself on his lips ''to lose'' he grins at me and i immediately let go of the rope.

stalking back over to him i bring my fist back and connect it with his gut making him fall down onto his knees, a couple people laugh and ooo at the scene i grab his chin with my hands, ''got anything else to say?'' i question him and i see his eyes brighten. ''nah'' he says i let go of his chin with force pushing it to the left and walk out of the boxing ring.