chapter fifty-two

~damon cent~

I walk over to my dad taking the beer bottle out of his hand and placing a blanket over him, i turn the tv off and walk into my room, i cant believe i showed up at maddys school today just because my head is driving me insane. voices running through it over and over about how much of a disappointment i am and how i dont deserve to be here.

maddy invited me to her family night tonight because she felt pity for me i could feel the sorrow radiating off her skin, im not some weak little boy that needs comfort from anyone let alone a women who causes more trouble then i bet she knows.

my phone buzzes in my pocket and i run my hand down my face in frustration she just wont quit.

~maddy~

hey we are leaving in two minuets if you dont come to me i will just drive to you its your choice damon

my eyes scan over the message and i throw my phone onto my bed, im intruding in her family time because i acted like a bitch today. i get up and walk into the kitchen to make some food. until i realize we dont have anything in the cupboards i laugh slightly fed up with today. of course we dont have anything the money you gave to dad probably was spent on beer your so fucking stupid for trusting him.

a car horn blares outside and i pull the blinds over slightly to see the familiar black car siting at the bottom of my drive way, she isn't going to stop, do you really want to be in this house right now? the voices start up again and i push them aside, i grab my bag and walk out of the house i know that if i refused to go maddy would only push me so far until she would back down.

i pull at the car handle and climb in. ''hey '' she says smiling slightly. waiting for me to close the door, ''just for the record im doing this so you dont worry all night'' i say leaning back and she just looks at me. ''put your seatbelt on'' she demands.

''yes ma'am'' i say and lean back. she smiles as she drives off the curb, ''just to clarify i dont feel pitiful of you i just think it would be nice for us to get out of the house like we used to do'' she says and i just shake my head knowing shes lying but i wont push her on it. that's the thing about me and maddy we know what to tell people and what not to tell people, either to protect our feeling or theirs but we are exactly like each other sometimes its scary.

she turns the radio up and style by taylor swift comes on i see her drum on the steering wheel at the beat and i laugh something i haven't heard in a long time, ''i know you know this song damon dont be shy'' she says and i just look forward there is no way shes getting me to sing or anything like that.

''come on'' she rushes me and i just stare at her. ''we never go out of style'' she hums and i just stare at her, ''god your boring'' she mummers and i see the frown placed on her face, shes so infuriating i hate seeing her frown.

''we never go out of style'' i blare and she blurts out laughing following the next lyric ''you got that James dean day dream look in your eye and i got that red lip classic thing that you like'' she sings and we spend the last half an hour singing taylor swift like we are two five year old girls.

------

she finally pulls up to the food place and i see that its a cute little restaurant quit far away from town. ''come on'' she says getting out and i follow her lead, we walk into the restaurant and i see her dads gaze immediately meet mine. i grab her arm softly and pull her to me. ''did you tell your dad i was coming?'' i question seeing the seething look on her dads face im guessing she didn't.

''ok look i mentioned i friend is coming i just didn't say who'' she says quickly before sighing something a lady handed her. ''whats the tables name?'' the lady questions and maddy replies her last name. that's some fancy shit if we have to tell her the table name. i look down at maddys outfit and realise this is for some special event because shes wearing a black dress that's flows nicely on her body her hair is curled and shes wearing a lot more Jewry then she normally does.