chapter thirty-six

~maddy lively~

I feel sick, my stomach feels like its eating itself, ive honestly never felt this nervous for a fight before.

''maddy your not focused!'' freddie shouts frustrated and i run a hand down my face. we are in the back room doing a quick run over before the fight actually begins, im distracted by everything im distracted by my mom showing up yesterday and what she says im distracted about what happened with lucas and im also fucking distracted because it was my sisters death anniversary yesterday.

''ive had a lot going on freds'' i say and he just looks at me, ''yes i know you have but you need to focus if you want to win this fight i need to make sure your ready for anything because i have no idea what that wheel is going to land on'' he says and i just nod my head understanding his point.

i connect my fists with the bag again, while quickly moving around and lightly on my feet, ''maddy if it does land on the option we are all thinking of, will you be able to do that?'' freddie questions and i scoff, ''you mean will i be able to kill someone for 10,000?'' i ask and he just nods. ''look i need the money to provide for my family so i gotta do what i have to do even if that means taking the life of another to make sure the people i care about are happy'' i say and he just stares at the door leading to the crowed arena.

''you need to be in the game ok, no getting distracted'' he says leaving a kiss on my hand, i nod my head and the bell goes off signalling we have 1 minuet to get ready. a knock sounds at the door making me jump slightly. ''maddy its me'' the familiar voice sounds through the door and i smile brightly. the door opens and a head of red hair walks in and runs into my arms. ''omg ive missed you'' faith says and i just hug her again.

''i cant believe my mom takes me out of school for a month and your already back into your old habits'' she says making me laugh lightly, i hear the blaring sound of the announcer in the ring, exciting the crowd and the nerves settle back in. '' be careful'' i say to faith as she walks back out.

''you got this'' freddie says as we walk out of the room and through the hallway, i hear the loud shouts and screams coming from all different people. i get to the stairs climbing up my eyes land on the wheel of decision's and i try and knock off that one option. the last time i ever went to far was that night in the bar and even then deigo and kayla was there to stop me.

i copy my actions i did in the training room 10 minuets ago and in the gym yesterday Freddie's words linger in my mind. ''stay light on your feet and they wont be able to catch you'' my eyes scan over the crowd and i finally spot where everyone is sat. deigo damon Lydia and amelia are all sat there watching me with worried eyes. i see faith and jay come walking back faith now in a hoodie covering her top she had on.

''welcome ladies and gentlemen to the biggest fight the lightning club has ever hosted before'' the announcer cheers acting like this is all fun and games until your fighting for your life because someone pissed you off or because they took it to far. ''with two of our most dangerous fighters'' he says motioning to me freddie raises my arm and the crowd cheers loudly banging their feet on the floor from jumping up and down.

''we have our first fighter already in the ring and ready to go, shes been holding the record for awhile now and no one has managed to beat her lets see if that roll carries on'' i hear the recorders in the background say making me laugh lightly. suddenly that feeling of nervousness has washed away and its been replaced with determination and anger. i take off my robe giving it to tom whos outside of the ring. i look back at freddie to see him smiling at me now, ''you feeling it now aren't you'' he says and i nod.

the crowd breaks out into boos and nasty words and my eyes lock onto the other end of the ring where people are being moved out of the way for my competitor to enter. i jump up and down loosening up my muscles, i look over at jay to see his stern expression on my competitor ive never seen him look at someone like that apart from when damon slapped my ass that day when we where racing cars.

my gaze shifts to the giant form of a man standing at the other end. it instantly clicks why jays face shifted into disgust. ''our next competitor is Sam Vancouver whos defiantly got quite the reputation when it comes to the ring'' now dont get me wrong im not small at all i think i stand at 5,10 maybe 5,10 and a half but this guy is huge. i look back at freddie to see his eyes swirl with uncertainty.

''now now ladies and gentlemen tonight's fight is special because we have the wheel of decision's to decide what kind of fight we will be witnessing tonight'' the announcer says pointing at the wheel being projected onto the wall. i look over at sam to see him run his fingers over his neck then point at me, i laugh at his actions and how he thinks hes scary.

''spin the wheel'' ''spin the wheel'' chants start going around and i look at the announcer and nod my head. the wheel on the wall spins and the crowd goes silent waiting to see what kind of gore they will witness tonight. the clicking sound starts to slow down, but only making my heart rate pick up.

i look back at deigo as the clicking stops and i see his eyes harden, that's not good the crowd cheers with the option and i have a feeling is exactly what i didn't want to happen, my gaze moves to the wheel quickly and i feel my heart rate stop. ''this is always an interesting category to watch and it especially will be with these two fighter'' fight to the death.

''will the fighters please come forward'' he says making me and freddie step forward along with sam and his coach. i look up to see sam smirking at me. ''im going to fuck you up maddy'' he says and i just stare at him. ''go for it'' i hear freddie laugh behind me, sams palm pushes freddie back with such force that hes fallen over, i connect my foot with sams face causing a brawl to happen before the fight has even begun.

''your fucked maddy lively'' he shouts as we are getting dragged away from each other, i go over to freddie to see if hes ok. ''are you ok fred'' i ask and he just looks over at sam with fire in his eyes. ''do you know what hes done maddy?'' freddie questions and i furrow my eyebrows not understanding what he's taking about. ''he got caught with an underage girl he got locked up and then got released not to long ago'' i feel the fire burn in my stomach. the next thing that comes out of Freddie's mouth really makes my blood boil though. ''imagine that was kayla'' 'he says and the memories come flooding back of all the bad shit ive been through lately. ''you need to do what you would do if it was her'' freddie says getting out of the ring.

the bell rings and i go out understanding what kind of person im up against

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter thirty six, sorry for the cliffhanger this chapter was getting to long so i will have to put it into two parts.

thank you for voting and just taking the time to read this book it means the world.

i wonder if lucas will show up to watch maddy or not i guess we will have to see

look after yourselves and drink water

love you all

.k.