chapter twenty-eight

~Deigo Sinclair~

Maddy pulls into her driveway and we all get out running over to the front door. i cant believe maddys mom is actually here, she couldn't have shown up at a more unreasonable time.

i close the front door and immediately am indulged with Deja vu . ''Aliyah we are back'' jay shouts jogging up the stairs probably to get his mom. i haven't been in this house for a while. i follow everyone into the living room and plop myself down onto the corner of the sofa, maddy comes out with a tray of hot chocolate. i take mine making my finger brush over hers. i see her shiver alittle,

what kind of affect do i have on you pretty girl?

she pulls away quickly and sits on the opposite side of the sofa to me, i feel my lips tug wanting to smirk at her pettiness, i see Aliyah come downstairs and smile at everyone, her skin looks pale she looks sick. ''hello everyone'' i wave slightly and she just smiles.

my phone buzzes in my pocket and i get it out looking to see who has messaged me. when i see its no on important i close my phone and put it away, focusing on the movie infront of us. i hear snoring next to me and see kane is already asleep. i laugh quietly at my best friend and pull a blanket over him.

last week of school tomorrow and then its Halloween break and ive never been more ready in my life.

~maddy lively~

Hes not here.

he hasn't been in school since he started avoiding me, i tried contacting him but anytime i do he just leaves me on delivered. im getting worried, but i probably shouldn't be, being in English lit dosent help when marcus is sat right next to me. and after all the questions he was asking that night i cant help but wonder what they where for if i gave him the answers he wanted.

last week of school before Halloween break and im so ready to have this time off. hopefully in this week i will get closer with my friends again. because we haven't been talking a lot recently. ''maddy meet me in the cafeteria'' amelia whispers so quietly that i can barely hear here but i catch what shes saying. i nod my head and carry on trying to focus on the lesson and not on the boy whos running wild somewhere and avoiding my calls and texts.

the bell rings and i walk out of the classroom and head to the library i need to return a book i borrowed from last month i finally found it in my cluster of a desk. i walk up the last step and stop seeing a girl hurdled on the floor with her knees pressed to her chest. her brown hair cascade's down her shoulders to her knees and i would recognize that hair from a mile away.

Lydia

i go to turn away but stop feeling a rush of guilt, if im talking to jay and have merely forgiven him for moving onto my best friend why am i not doing the same with her they both done the same thing and i cant just forgive one and hurt the other. that would be unfair of me. and besides she looks upset.

i slowly walk over to her trying not to startle her, i place my back against the wall and slide down slowly sitting next to her. i face forward waiting for her to notice someone is here. she finally lifts her head up her gaze meeting mine. i see the tears running down her face and the mascara starting to drip. her eyes are red and puffy like shes been crying for awhile now.

is this my fault? please no

her gaze moves to the book in my hand, she smiles lightly. ''so you found it then'' she says and i smile remembering when i was complaining to her i lost it, she tipped my room upside down just looking for this stupid book. ''yep in my messy desk which seems was the only place we didn't look'' i say and she laughs slightly looking forward.

''wanna talk about it?'' i question and she just shakes her head. ''im so sorry maddy'' she says still not meeting my eyes. i nod my head, ''i know you are sorry Lydia, but you have to understand that the last time you two went out you completely broke each other and im not picking sides between my brother and best friend. '' i explain and she nods. ''the truth is ive missed you'' i say and she finally looks at me again.

''please dont cry over me'' i say and her eyes water again. i wrap my arms around her she nods her head. and i smile. ''so are we good now?'' she questions and i nod again standing up and extending my hand she takes it and stands up, ''you can come with me to take this back if you want, or we can get something to eat im not bothered with either.'' i say and she looks behind me at something. i turn my head and nod. food it is.

we walk into the cafeteria catching the eyes of amelia straight away she looks at us and smiles brightly. ''thank god you two are sorted now'' amelia says and i kiss Lydia on the cheek before sitting down. i feel my phone go off in my pocket and i look to see Lydia has messaged me.

{Lydia}

-your not the only reason i was crying maddy

i look up from her text with a questionable look before messaging back.

-what else upset you l?

she starts typing but before she could the cafeteria doors open and i see her face completely change. i follow her gaze to see someone i thought i never would again. tyler line hes back in school since when. he says goodbye to a random girl and walks over to Bianca's table, but not before locking eyes with me and Lydia. i look into his eyes to see a smirk forming. prick.

i look to Lydia and see her shaking like a dog. ''did you know he was back'' jay questions from beside her but i cant listen not when hes this close especially to Lydia. hes a tormentor he loves playing the game and he especially loves winning.

''i need to get out of here'' Lydia says and jay nods, he extends his hand for my car keys are i gladly give them to him, less hesitation to run tyler over in my car when hes walking out of school. they walk out of the cafeteria and i watch as tylers gaze follows them. i turn back around not wanting to make anymore eye-contact with him.

but just my luck, i feel the chair next to me screech, i dont have to look up to see who it is. i can tell just by amelias face. you see amelia and me know tyler for different reasons, all shitty reasons but still different ones so amelia will have no clue why i hate this boy with a passion.

''hello maddy'' i hear his voice and my spine straightens slightly, i let out a frustrated sigh. ''fuck off tyler'' i hear him laugh before his hands grab my chair and spins me around so im facing him. kyle and hayden sit up now alert of whats going to happen.

''that's not very nice maddy especially when im an old friend of yours, you should talk to me nicer'' he says placing his hand on my thigh and gently rising it up, i feel the bile rise to my throat but i swallow it determined to not let him break me. ''your not an old friend tyler, now get the fuck off me'' i say bringing my foot up and kicking him in the crouch area, he groans as i stand up. before i could walk away he grabs my arms tightly defiantly leaving bruises.

''you better watch you mouth, because i will gladly do to you what i did to Lydia'' he says and i try turn away but he just pulls me closer leaning down against my ear his hot breath fans over the side of my face and i try and pull away. ''maybe this time she can be the one who watches instead of you'' with that i bring my knee up and connect it with his stomach making him let me go.

i grab my bag as the bell rings and head for last period, this day is going fucking fantastic so far.

-----------

short chapter sorry guys.