chapter thirty-nine

~maddy lively~

Ive done it, i bought all the Christmas presents i finally decided what im going to get lucas and im filled with hope that he will like it. we have a meeting in school for the new rules apparently happening when we come back, my family are having a Christmas party tomorrow in the early afternoon do we can eat dinner together and listen to music then later that night is when the close family stay and we have a party to celebrate us all still being together.

i bought my dress yesterday and im quite excited to its a red dress that's flowy with sparkles i have a cardigan to go with it and some heels, amelia was suggesting to curl my hair and then put it into a half-up half-down so i can use the white snowflake clip i have.

a knock sounds at my car window, ''hurry up mads'' Lydia says making me get out of my car. the wind is making my hair go everywhere and im not ok with it. ''have you got a hair-bobble?'' i question amelia as we take out seats in the assemble hall ready to hear the rules the teachers are going to go over. ''no sorry'' amelia says and i shake my head. ''its fine''.

i feel a hand tap my shoulder turning around i see a girl who offering me a claw clip, ''you said you needed a hair tie'' she explains, i take it quickly she looks a lot like someone i know. ''thank you'' i say before using the clip to tie my hair back. ''are you new here?'' i question her and she just smiles. 'is it that obvious?'' she asks laughing nervously and i just nod. before either one of us could say anything else. principle smith clears his throat into the microphone signaling for the chatter to calm down.

i lean my elbows back onto the empty bench behind me, ''god his voice is annoying'' marcus exaggerates from beside me and i laugh lightly, ''im sorry is there something you two would like to share back there?'' principle smith says making the hall fall dead silent with his burning gaze on me. when me and marcus dont answer he smirks lightly, ''well'' he pushes the subject making me annoyed i could see marcus playing with the chain hes got on nervously.

god principle smith is a prick

''maddy i know you like to talk a lot why dont you share'' he suggests making eyes turn to me but i dont care about them, its not like i haven't had a million eyes on me before except then i was smashing someone's head in, ''no principle smith there is nothing to share'' i say calmly not wanting to cause anymore of a scene.

''then whats so funny?'' he questions and i hear the groans of a couple people around us getting fed up with his constant nagging. ''look just because you have a sad life dosent mean everyone else does so would you please get on with your speech so we can all leave as quickly as possible'' i feel a hand grab mine which is shaking, i look back to see the pretty green eyes ive been missing. lucas

smith's face blares red while clearing his throat, ''very well then''. as he carries on i zone out, to the feeling of lucas rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

suddenly everyone starts getting up and i quickly grab my bag not wanting to be kept behind by any of the teachers right now. as im walking back to my car i feel a pair of hands pick me up making me squeal lightly. ''shh its just me'' lucas whispers in my ear instantly putting a smile on my face. i wrap my legs around his waist ''what am i some delivery service?'' he questions and i smile. ''yes that's your job to carry me around and take me to nice places'' i say as he opens my car door placing me in my drivers seat.

''nice places like where?'' he questions standing between my legs, rubbing my thighs gently with his hands. ''places like Paris or France you know those romantic places'' i say before his lips connect with mine. ''what the fuck?!'' i hear someone say from behind him and i quickly pull away to see some angry faced boys stood behind lucas. jay grabs Lucas's shoulder pulling him from me.

i look around to see Lydia's smiling face at me shes pointing between me and lucas. ''guys stop'' i say before things get out of hand, kyle jay and hayden are all sending accusation's towards lucas, where as lucas is just stood their taking their stupid words and hard pushes' with his hands behind his back.

''jay stop come on its cute'' Lydia says trying to drag my brother from lucas. ''that's my little sister man who the fuck do you think you are?'' jay questions with another push. ''do you think you deserve her'' jay questions again this time pushing lucas again, finally lucas speaks up. ''im not fighting you man your my girlfriends family so you can push and shove me all you want but there will never be a day i lay my hands on you'' lucas finally snaps and i stare in shock. ''come on jay'' Lydia says jay turns around and walks away straight past me without giving me another glance.

what the fuck, he cant be mad at me, i haven't betrayed him or anything. lucas isn't one of his friends and i get the hole protective brother thing but come on, dont leave me. i feel a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. ''im sorry i forgot'' lucas says in my ear and i nod watching Lydia and jay get in tylers car and all drive away. i turn to lucas ''its ok'' i say to him and he shakes his head.

''ive fucked this up already'' lucas says and i furrow my eye-brows, ''what no you haven't'' i say placing both my hands on his face, he tries to pull away but i dont let him. ''lucas i love you and to be honest im scared ive never loved someone as much as i have you, and i need you please dont say that'' i say burying my face in his chest, im so exhausted with everything going on i just leave my head there, the smell of his cologne indulges me and i sigh. his hands take mine in his and pull me over to my car, he picks me up and pulls me into the passenger's seat before closing the door and running over to the driver's side.

i try and protest because i dont like people driving my car ''lucas i ca-'' before i could finish he cuts me off,''let me drive princess your tired'' he says kissing my forehead, ''but i-'' he just laughs lightly . ''where are you keys?'' he questions and i finally give in, ''there in my bag'' i say closing my eyes, when i dont hear any shuffling i re-open them to find his just looking at me. ''my mother taught me never to go into a ladies bag because its rude, so unless you get them i guess we are sleeping here tonight'' he explains and i smile at him being respectful, i reach down and get my keys handing them to him, i bring that hand that grabbed them to my lips and leave a kiss on it, to show my appreciation.

i feel my eyes close letting the sound of the radio and Lucas's humming along to the song bring me peace.

-----

i stir slightly wondering where i am, the last thing i saw was the car windows but now all i feel is soft sheets and a hand wrapped around me. with a movie playing on in the background. i rub my eyes gently looking up to see the perfectly sculpted jaw line of my boyfriends face whos watching the tv while im lay with my back against his chest, i look forward and see that the Christmas carol is playing on the tv.

''hello gorgeous'' lucas whispers softly and i smile. ''hey handsome, whos place are we at mine or yours?'' i question not really down to earth yet, ''yours baby your dad let me in'' he says placing a kiss before returning to the tv. ''i think my dad likes you more then i do'' i admit playing with the ring that's on his middle finger, ''hes been sweet, it was nice to see how much he cared about you when i had to carry you in because you wouldn't wake up no matter how much i tried'' he explains and i just cover my face, god i need to work of my deep sleeping, i look down and see im not in my jumper or jeans anymore, instead im in a t-shirt with joggers. lucas must sense me looking down at myself because he explains. ''i didn't change you by the way i asked Aliyah to do it because i didn't want to do it without you permission and i couldn't exactly ask you because you where asleep'' he says and i smile so brightly i dont think ive ever smiled so much in my life.

i snuggle back into his chest, ''what time is it?'' i question and he just mumbles, ''its just gone midnight'' he says and i nod, ''if your tired go back to sleep maddy im not leaving you'' 'he says while my eyes only drift deeper into sleep. with the sound of bob Cratchit and scrooge talking in his office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter thirty-nine

love you all.

make sure you look after yourselves and drink loads of water.

.k. <3