chapter nine ~

~jay Dawson~

Maddy pushes her chair back and glares at faith. what the hell happened between these two ''what did you do'' i question faith wanting to know why my sister was so upset, in return faith just shrugged her shoulders and carried on eating her food in silence. the bell rang singling the end of the lunch and i needed to find mads.

''her cars gone'' amelia says walking back into the library since it was free period for us all. ''what could faith possibly have done to get maddy so riled up i mean they where best friends not so long ago'' tyler questioned opening a cookie while the librarian lady glared daggers into his head.

''i think i know'' kyle says walking over to us with a book in his hands. ''well if you know spill it, i need to know if i need to defend my girl or not'' amelia said crossing her arms while raising an eye-brow at kyles statement. ''ye kyle tell us what do you know that we dont'' hayden questions him.

and then it hit me what this was all about and at this point i dont care about what's been said i just want my sister ok. ''i know'' i said getting up and walking out of the school, i knew they would follow me ''jay'' i hear them shout my name but i dont look back i dont care just please answer your phone mads.

tylers going to kill me but while he was getting his cookie i took his car keys i know its a bad move but im gonna do what i gotta do, i unlock his car and jump in the drivers seat. time to go find her.

---

~maddy lively~

i park my car on a hill and climb out, i sat on the roof looking over the little town we lived in the thing i hate most about this place is that news travels fast everyone knows everything about everyone because no one can keep to themselves. my mom always used to tell me that i should never stick my nose where it doesn't belong otherwise im putting myself in situations i wont wanna be in.

that piece of advice right there is probably the best thing my mother has ever given me. in my 16 years of being alive she's never been one to give a flying fuck about her family, i guess she's where i get my coldness from. because its certainly not my dad.

i hear cars pull into the track, i wonder who that could be. i stay focused on the view infront of me i dont want to face whoever is behind me at the moment. i hear the car stop and the door open. watch it be my luck i will get kidnapped or something now but im to stubborn to turn around and look.

''maddy'' a voice called out into the space we are in. its defiantly not my brothers voice or a girls for that matter its deeper. great my kidnapper knows my name. im so done for. i finally turn my body and im met with the last person i would expect to see lucas bailey.

''lucas...what are you doing here'' i question growing even more confused he doesn't know the situation and its not like we are friends ''i could ask you the same thing'' he said walking over to me. a slight breeze came rushing past making me indulge in his masculine scent. ''i needed to get away i guess'' i replied facing back to the view in front of me. i felt the car dip beside me and now he is sat with me.

''you guess?''

''maybe i just needed time to think i dont know why do you care?''

''what exactly could you have to get away from princess''

i felt my stomach erupt in butterfly's with the nickname princess what kind of stupid name is that. ''a lot of things'' i say and i see his face turn into a smug smirk '' like what'' i turn my body to face him fed up with his shit '' what do you care bailey go back to your perfect life and stay out of mine'' i say getting off the hood of my car and walking away from him closer to edge.

''ok im sorry i guess i stepped over the line there assuming your life is perfect clearly a touchy subject i wont do it again'' he says walking beside me while putting his car keys into his pocket i look over at him just to see him already looking at me ''what brings you here'' i question curios why he needs to come here.

''i needed to clear my head'' he replies kicking the dirt underneath his shoe ''something on your mind golden boy'' his eyes meet mine but this time all i see is something i wish i hadn't.

pain

his eyes look like they are swimming in sorrows and i cant do anything but stare ''im just missing someone that's all'' he admits staring coldly out into the cliffside. i just nod my head in understanding preferably not wanting to trauma bond with lucas right now.

''i think you should get back '' i say as it was getting dark ''you sure i could keep you company'' he suggests smirking a little the cheek of this boy ''im sure now go i want peace and im not going to get it with your annoying ass here with me'' i say pushing him slightly.

''im very offended by your statement Mrs. Lively'' he says a hand covering his heart ''but i will respect your wish'' he continues until hes in his car. i hear him start his car and drive back down the hill. what the hell just happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for not updating ive been busy its currently 3:39am but i really wanted to get this chapter out xx

xoxo

.k.